The Student Room Group

I attract toxic people

bo
(edited 3 months ago)
Honestly I do just wonder if it's just... People 😅. I don't know the psychology well enough.. but some people take advantage of kindness, or maybe you need to pinpoint commonalities in previous friends to see if there's traits you might need to avoid. But to some degree, people are complex and it's impossible to completely know someone... Unfortunately folk just surprise us.

I say this as someone who spent years being bullied, putting up with nasty people rather than just upfront telling them I didn't need that in my life. I've come across people from being very young to my current age (25). There will always be people who possibly you have things in common with.. and you still have fond memories.. but they change or they are unexpectedly unkind.. or maybe all along you pretended it wasn't there.

Despite those people.. you can still find the good eggs 🙂 For example, I had those *****y friends who treated me like dirt or ground down my confidence.. made me not want to be myself. But to some degree.. they made me closer to other people.. or appreciate kindness and keep being kind myself... or enforce boundaries clearer. With time, I would say keep seeking out those like minded people... who may be imperfect.. but I think it'll always take a lil time to work out exactly what your limit is. What you're willing to allow.. what's important to you in a friend..
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending