The Student Room Group

Going to have to apply for clearing, I’m so stressed

Hello! I’m currently doing my foundation degree at university and want to apply for a top up degree to make it a full bachelors. I have had personal issues these past few months (I’m a carer for my disabled mother) and haven’t had enough time to get things sorted. It’s hard because mostly everything is done. Personal statement, all my information and my college grades but I also can’t figure out how to put my university modules on there. I won’t graduate until November so wasn’t sure what dates to put for the qualification dates, it’s just a mess. How long do I have to apply for clearing? Otherwise I will be going in 2025 instead. Any advice would be great!
Original post by rwoollard1
Hello! I’m currently doing my foundation degree at university and want to apply for a top up degree to make it a full bachelors. I have had personal issues these past few months (I’m a carer for my disabled mother) and haven’t had enough time to get things sorted. It’s hard because mostly everything is done. Personal statement, all my information and my college grades but I also can’t figure out how to put my university modules on there. I won’t graduate until November so wasn’t sure what dates to put for the qualification dates, it’s just a mess. How long do I have to apply for clearing? Otherwise I will be going in 2025 instead. Any advice would be great!

The deadline is just for equal consideration. Most courses will still accept late applications.

Don’t wait until clearing to apply.
Yeah, I can't really see any reason why you'd need to use clearing here.
Original post by rwoollard1

Hey @rwoollard1,

I hope you're keeping well.

I bring good news which is, you still have plenty of time to get your application together to apply for a degree! Whilst the equal consideration deadline may have passed, many universities (such as Kent), accept applications well beyond that date! We all understand that unforseen circumstances can arise (especially when its most stressful), and we want to value and accomodate your individual situation.

Plus, if necessary, you can always contact your university's admissions team that you're applying to and get answers to your questions if need be! They'll be more than happy to help you, especially as you're already enrolled in their foundation year programme!

Taking care of you mum is commendable, and I assure you that universities will recognise the demands placed on you. Don't be discouraged by setbacks! So just talk with your university's admission team, and they'll be there to set you on track!
I can assure you that you'll be on your way to fulfilling a bachelors in no time!
I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending