The Student Room Group

Did this girl just flat out reject me?

I see this girl quite regularly as we’re both in the same friendship group, and I’ve really liked her for a while. I know we have a lot of shared interests and are also both slightly autistic.

Recently though I feel we’ve been getting closer on a one-to-one level. Whenever we’ve been by ourselves, we’ve always had great chats, laughs and generally she’s started occasionally putting her hand on my shoulder when addressing me about something too, which I take to be a sign that she’s comfortable around me?

I also work in a supermarket and as such I get a colleague discount card for everything. One time recently she asked to meet up with me so we could go shopping together for an event she was organising for us and use my discount card. Again, we both had a great time and got on really well, though I didn’t know if this was intended purely to use my card or whether it was partly an excuse to see me by myself?

Anyway, I felt it was now the time to message and ask if she wanted to meet up by ourselves and hang out and see what happens. The message I sent was this:

“Hey! I know you’re busy atm but if you’re free, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up one evening or over the weekend?”

She then replied with this:

“Hey! I’m always up for a group pub trip. This week should be a bit better.”

She has since posted on her story that she’s going away this weekend, so that’s fine, but still.

Given that she specifically said “group”, the optimistic part of me is hoping that she didn’t understand that I meant just us two rather than generally as part of the group.

However, the realistic part of me thinks that, more likely, she knew full well what I was asking but is only happy to see me with the others and not by myself.

What do you think, and whichever way you think she meant, should I follow it up and what could I say? Or do I just leave it?
Reply 1
To be honest, I don’t think it’s a good sign. The only reason I can think off that she would put that word in is to manage expectations. Maybe invite her to a group trip and see how you get on with some flirting in that situation
Reply 2
It sounds like she’s not picked up on your intention. Just try making it clearer next time you ask her out.
yeah, i don't think you were very clear. you didn't exactly say just us, so i think she might have misunderstood your message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending