The Student Room Group

Inquiry about Student Finance England

Hello,

I hope this mail finds you well. I am writing to you regarding my situation. Yesterday, I began filling out my information, including that of my parents, to apply for a scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025 for undergraduate. I provided details about my mother so that she could support my scholarship application. Subsequently, she received an email to confirm her support.

However, when it came to reporting the incomes for 2022-2023, the form asked for her NIN (National Insurance Number). My mother currently lives and works in France, meaning she does not have a NIN, and her income is entirely from France. She indicated that she does not have a NIN, and the form suggested an alternative of completing a sheet about her income. However, I noticed that most of the questions were geared towards individuals with UK income.

I am wondering how I can submit my mother's French income to Student Finance, or what steps I should take in this regard. Could you provide me with some guidance on this matter?

Thank you.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi there. If you mother is overseas we will need her to complete the PFF2 form for the relevant Academic Year and provide evidence of her income to support this. Here is the PFF2 for 24/25 Academic Year: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2425/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf

The income is taken from 22/23, so she will need to provide the evidence for this tax year. If the tax year in France runs from Jan- December, then it's just the 2022 year we need. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. If you mother is overseas we will need her to complete the PFF2 form for the relevant Academic Year and provide evidence of her income to support this. Here is the PFF2 for 24/25 Academic Year: https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2425/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2425_o.pdf
The income is taken from 22/23, so she will need to provide the evidence for this tax year. If the tax year in France runs from Jan- December, then it's just the 2022 year we need. Thanks, Leah.
All right, thank you very much for your help. I'll come back to you if I have any more problems.
Best Regard.
Original post by marleneee
All right, thank you very much for your help. I'll come back to you if I have any more problems.
Best Regard.
You're welcome!
Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending