The Student Room Group

Able to cancel student finance on results day if I choose to no longer go to uni?

I have been accepted conditionally into a degree apprenticeship but I have also applied to university and I still have to meet the grade requirements for both. Let's say I am able to achieve the grades for the degree apprenticeship and I choose to take it, but I have already applied for student finance; will I still be able to cancel the student finance before starting?
Original post by breaklog
I have been accepted conditionally into a degree apprenticeship but I have also applied to university and I still have to meet the grade requirements for both. Let's say I am able to achieve the grades for the degree apprenticeship and I choose to take it, but I have already applied for student finance; will I still be able to cancel the student finance before starting?

Yes of course. You can cancel on your online account (and even if you forget - not a penny gets paid until you enrol and then attend a university course so if you don’t enrol then it will end up cancelled on your behalf)
Hi there,

Yes, you can cancel your application online, as long as your course hasn't started and your university haven't confirmed your registration to us.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Yes of course. You can cancel on your online account (and even if you forget - not a penny gets paid until you enrol and then attend a university course so if you don’t enrol then it will end up cancelled on your behalf)
Thank you so much I was very unsure at first if I should still apply but knowing I can still cancel even if I've been accepted already really helps me !! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
Yes, you can cancel your application online, as long as your course hasn't started and your university haven't confirmed your registration to us.
Thanks,
Claire
Thank you so much :smile: !!
Thank you so much :smile: !!
You're welcome. If you have any further queries please let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending