The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan cancelled but still need to pay rent

I’ve recently dropped out of university therefore meaning my tuition loan and my maintenance loan has been cancelled.

I have been relying on my maintenance loan to cover the costs of my rent even though it doesn’t cover the whole costs and my parents were having to put money in so i can afford it.

I had a catered accommodation meaning it was expensive at £1.2k a month…

Would student finance understand the situation i’m in and allow the loan to continue until another vacancy takes over my room? Or is there any other way to resolve this because i cannot afford to pay that much a month.
Original post by JPF6
I’ve recently dropped out of university therefore meaning my tuition loan and my maintenance loan has been cancelled.
I have been relying on my maintenance loan to cover the costs of my rent even though it doesn’t cover the whole costs and my parents were having to put money in so i can afford it.
I had a catered accommodation meaning it was expensive at £1.2k a month…
Would student finance understand the situation i’m in and allow the loan to continue until another vacancy takes over my room? Or is there any other way to resolve this because i cannot afford to pay that much a month.

Hi there,

If you've withdrawn from your course then your funding would be reassessed and pro rata'd to the last date you attended. You wouldn't be entitled to further funding until you return. I would advise checking with the university to see if they have any funding in place to offer you. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending