The Student Room Group

Do guys really like 'curvy' girls or do they just say they do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
tayalouise
Good luck with losing it :smile:
Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons though

If I was Size 16, I would definitely want to lose weight

Thanks. I just want to do it because I hate being the fat girl. I know when people look at me with my friends they look at me and go 'oh, yeah, that fat one'.

I just hope it works. Compared to the millions of other times I've dieted with no success.
Not even skinny girls are naturally as thin as the supposed "ideal" (size zero but with big boobs) woman. You can only get that way through years of starving yourself. The cruel ironic twist is that having nearly killed yourself to look that way, no guy over the age of 18 finds it attractive anyway.
The same applies to all the morons in gyms obsessed with having enormous muscles! Very few girls actually find them attractive. All it looks like is that you're having to compensate for other shortcomings...

Regarding the first poster - if that is a picture of you on the beach, then you're not even remotely fat, I don't know what you're complaining about. Size 16 is pretty much right in the middle of the range. Don't listen to all the bullsh*t you read in magazines.
Anonymous
Thanks. I just want to do it because I hate being the fat girl. I know when people look at me with my friends they look at me and go 'oh, yeah, that fat one'.

I just hope it works. Compared to the millions of other times I've dieted with no success.

I heard that dieting is a life long commitment, as your metabolism will always be the same
Just eat healthy with a mix of exercise - maybe get an exercise bike?

You can do anything with determination
Anonymous
Its incredibly easy to say that when you aren't in this situation. You are incredibly pretty, and probably have a really gorgeous figure. For people like me it is a lot more difficult. I go to the gym 4 times a week, I try my hardest to eat well/eat small amounts. However when I look around me and everyone is having fun, having someone with them who they love, having someone who appreciates them, it makes me very depressed that I will probably never have that.

I've been on both sides in this debate. I used to be a size 16 too, and I must admit I felt disgusting too, as if no-one would ever want to go out with me. However, I have since lost over 2 stone, through a combination of eating better and exercising more, and I have a lovely fiance...though we started going out before I had lost much weight. I really do sympathise OP, but if you need to lose a bit of weight then just plug away at it and who knows what lovely figure might be waiting to show itself! Try some positive thinking, it worked for me....
Reply 84
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
I'm a size 8! but not skinny.

Same! I hate it when people associate small dress sizes with 'being skinny'. I happen to be quite small/petite therefore me being size 8 is completely different to a 6foot model being size 8.
I'd rather curves than a plank of wood themed body, but I don't find being too overweight attractive at all... The 'lazy' body build as I call it.
Reply 86
Anonymous
Yes in H&M they use european sizes I'm a size 44-46.

46??? That's just big, no way around it. Sorry.
Anonymous
Size 16 is pretty much right in the middle of the range. Don't listen to all the bullsh*t you read in magazines.

size 16 is overweight,whcih is unhealthy.
Reply 88
Anonymous
Don't go to the gym, its a narcisistic waste of time. Eat what you like.

:rofl:

By narcissistic waste of time, you mean normal and above all, healthy, right?
Eating loads of fatty food and never exercising is not the way to a happy, healthy life.

I have to say I find it hilarious that you have some kind of weird 'fat-pride' against going to the gym.
Reply 89
Ilora-Danon
I've been there, I've got the fecking tee-shirt babe.

BOOM HEADSHOT! :woo:
bansheeee*
size 16 is overweight,whcih is unhealthy.
How did you figure that one out then?

A person who's 5'2", yes that's overweight because we're short, but on someone 5'7" and above, that may not be overweight at all.

Stop using blanket terms for something you can't make a clear objective judgement about.
OP, if you want to lose weight, look at the stickies in the fitness forum. They'll give some excellent advice about exercising and eating right, so you lose weight healthily and successfully . Please don't just starve yourself, it really isn't the way to do it, and would be completely counterproductive.
Ilora-Danon
How did you figure that one out then?

A person who's 5'2", yes that's overweight because we're short, but on someone 5'7" and above, that may not be overweight at all.

Stop using blanket terms for something you can't make a clear objective judgement about.

she just said she was 5 stone overweight ,i'm talking generally anything above 12 is overweight,making her feel better about being overweight isn't gonna help her,.
Reply 93
enigma373
46??? That's just big, no way around it. Sorry.

Yeah I know. Its disgusting for a person to be that big. They should just not even make clothes that big and then fat people like me would just have to wander around naked in pity until we started eating ourselves.
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
. Please don't just starve yourself, it really isn't the way to do it, and would be completely counterproductive.

somehow i doubt that'll happen
Reply 95
Anonymous
Yeah I know. Its disgusting for a person to be that big. They should just not even make clothes that big and then fat people like me would just have to wander around naked in pity until we started eating ourselves.

You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Nothing wrong with you, if you dont like your body type do something about it, but complaining will get you no where apart from self pity. Losing weight is not easy but if you are really unhappy about your body type then you will have to do it. Go in the fitness forum and seek advice etc. Tbh I dont think theres anything wrong with your body, I just think your abit harsh on yourself.
Anonymous

Yes, you are a bit overweight, but definitely not obese. I think you're rather pretty, actually :smile:
Anonymous

no then maybe you would have to *SHOCK HOrror* stop eating so much and lose weight ,what are u looking for people to say it's okay to be fat and carry on eating? thats what it sounds like to me
Reply 98
Anonymous

Stop feeling self-pity and blaming others and get on with it. We've all tried to help you and there have been some very constructive posts in here about what to do, but all you do is infrequently post about how you're too fat and will never be loved. As I and others have already told you, this is not attractive. Go lose some weight, be happy and you'll be fine.
I love curvy girls. Most of them I know are amazing, both in personality and in physicality. Curvy girls = :coma: + :love:

:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending