The Student Room Group

I'm 13- How to build bicep muscle?

Hi, I'm 13 years old. I weigh 7.6 stones. My height is 5 ft 1. I can run 2000m within 8-9 minutes. I can't do one chin-up. I can hang on a chin-up pole for about 60 seconds. So now you can figure out roughly how my physical status is.

I just want to train on my biceps and get some fat of the area between my chest and waist (so basically the 6 pack area).

NOTE: I don't want anything that effects my growth rate. (I've heard that weight lifting stunts growth.)

1) So, How do I build my bicep muscle and gain a 6 pack effectively?

2) Also, any extra advice? .e.g.- drink energy drinks when about to do exercise... etc.

Thanks.- Rep for best post given.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I only know how to build muscle for fourteen and twenty-two year olds.

Sorry :frown:
Reply 2
Instincts_2012
Hi, I'm 13 years old. I weigh 7.6 stones. My height is 5 ft 1. I can run 2000m within 8-9 minutes. I can't do one chin-up. I can hang on a chin-up pole for about 60 seconds. So now you can figure out roughly how my physical status is.

I just want to train on my biceps and get some fat of the area between my chest and waist (so basically the 6 pack area).

NOTE: I don't want anything that effects my growth rate. (I've heard that weight lifting stunts growth.)

2) Also, any extra advice? .e.g.- drink energy drinks when about to do exercise... etc.

I don't know much at all about body-building etc. but I can probs still answer your questions. If you want to build your bicep muscles then how about getting some dumbells with some small weights on and using them every day. Then you can increase the weight as you get stronger. As for the six pack, try and lose some body fat by jogging or something. Some sit ups every day will help as well. There is no need for energy drinks - they are just sugar filled money wasters. And take it easy with any weight lifting you decide to do.

Hope I helped.
Reply 3
Steroids are your best friend.

JK.

/don't sue.

visit the fitness sticky
Reply 4
Instincts_2012

go to your local gym and ask?
i personally think you're a bit young to start serious workouts to build muscle bulk as your body is still developing
you can tone up which i think will be achieved by a good diet and running but long distance runners are often very lean
so are you into aerobic or anaerobic sports? i don't understand?
yodude888
Steroids are your best friend.

a friend of mine befriended them, but they made his willy little :frown:
Reply 6
adilmorrison

then he had a small cock to begin with, they only shrink your testicles
Reply 7
adilmorrison

Well OP is 13, so probably already has that problem :wink:
I'm turning 14 in April.

Any suggestions anyone????
Reply 9
curlz for girlz
Increasing your speed would be a good start, jk but I just thought you posted in a proud way.

At 13 I guess just do push ups, cruches, the pillar and just run - don't go on a diet.

This will build you up a bit then in a few years you can start lifting, actually if you control it weights are not that bad for you :smile:
Read the stickies. Eat more.
Ihategcse
Increasing your speed would be a good start, jk but I just thought you posted in a proud way.

At 13 I guess just do push ups, cruches, the pillar and just run - don't go on a diet.

This will build you up a bit then in a few years you can start lifting, actually if you control it weights are not that bad for you :smile:

What's the pillar?:confused:
Reply 13
i dont think its too healthy to be weightlifting at your age mate
why not try running or rowing
rowing will build general body muscles i think and improve cardio
i have heard weights at an early age screw yourbody up
go to the gym like the rest of us. simple. duh.
yo yo, basically basically you cant do 1 chin up then you need more biceps, do push ups for triceps- chests -biceps, do weights for biceps (also remember your age, just make sure you do them properly not the way you stunt growth, do sit ups for the packs, leg raises to work out legs and packs,crunches to define the packs and the other basic stuff.
Chin-ups and pullups are primarily a lats exercise - they work your back far more than your biceps.

Anyway most of the volume on your arms is in your triceps. If you want big arms you want triceps not biceps.

If you want biceps only for some silly reason (it really is silly) then bicep curls/preacher curls etc.
Reply 17
Instincts_2012

I found dont do weights at a young age. I started doing weights at 15 and these include curls. and i have not grown since then. Do weights later in life.
TommyWannabe
Chin-ups and pullups are primarily a lats exercise - they work your back far more than your biceps.

Anyway most of the volume on your arms is in your triceps. If you want big arms you want triceps not biceps.

If you want biceps only for some silly reason (it really is silly) then bicep curls/preacher curls etc.

Chinups and pullups are a compound movement, there is a hell of a lot of bicep involvement if you take a narrow/shoulder width grip, they're both great exercises for building arm size.
You are way to young to be thinking about building bicep muscle.

Go play with action man or something and consider it in the next 3/4 years.

Quick Reply

Latest