The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, how far is BGP from the Law building in terms of walking distance? And apart from walking, how can one travel to and back from BGP and the Law building?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
5minutes max. you can drive but it's a bit pointless because you can't park on the campus without a permit or at one of the pay & display car parks which is about 10-15mins for LASS. I'm sure it's been said before in this section many times.
Thank you! I did search but only found one relevant post so decided to ask again just to confirm :smile:

Also, I received my offer for a single Ensuite room at BGP ages ago but I wasn't told which block or flat I have been allocated to. When/how do we find out?
Reply 83
I think I may just have missed this post several times, but how long do we have to wait for confirmation on which accomodation we are getting if we applied for park campus halls? When do they tell us? I only applied a few days ago, just wondering.
Reply 84
TheCrunch
I think I may just have missed this post several times, but how long do we have to wait for confirmation on which accomodation we are getting if we applied for park campus halls? When do they tell us? I only applied a few days ago, just wondering.

Well I applied about 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet, I guess we just have to wait patiently for a while! :p:
laura_beth
Well I applied about 5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet, I guess we just have to wait patiently for a while! :p:

last year i applied in Febrauary and got my offer in june :smile:

:erm: I think all the rooms are allocated and offers are given out after results day, when your accommodation will be confirmed...I think this is correct...quote me if you don't get what i mean
Reply 86
The e-mail I received after sending off my application for halls (around 6 weeks ago) said that we would find out from April onwards, so I guess that does mean just waiting patiently :eek3: until we hear. It could be in a few days....it could be in June :frown:
Reply 87
I just lost my place to my SPC accommodation. Something like room #4 (so not many people have applied there yet!). So I guess it's Raleigh all the way for me now!

I hope I don't regret my decision later...
Reply 88
jstar357
you didn't get st peters accommodation, well congrats on raleigh :smile:
Is that to me? I got a place but because I didn't return the tenancy agreement on time (b/c I decided to apply for raleigh first) I lost my place.
jstar357
Oh so st peters must be popular then..... what does b/c mean? well least you have raleigh :smile:

b/c means because:smile: (if it doesn't I'll have to go and live under a rock for a while:blush:)
Sorry,just wondering, I've heard that the cupbaords in Raleigh are tiny. Is that true? Are they significantly smaller than those in Broadgate?
Reply 91
Wow you guys sure don't have a clue how to stay on topic huh?

Is cupboard space really so important that it will make or break your decision to go somewhere?
i thought the same thing.
Would anyone recommend Opal?
I emailed them asking when they plan to finish Opal 1 and they said the week commencing 14th September.

Has anyone heard any weird stuff in general?
I don't really want to get to Notts and have no place to live.

That's the only thing holding me back from actually booking a room at Opal.

Any insight?
It doesn't exist yet, there's not much anyone else can tell you apart from that.
Doesn't exist? Really? Wow.
That takes me a step backwards then. Less than half a year to build it?
I haven't been to the site yet but others have commented that there doesn't seem to be much done yet and they doubt it'd be ready in time. no one can comment on something that doesn't exist yet because it's nothing more than a building site at present.
Yes I understand. Thanks for letting me know that there's nothing present.
Seems like the Opal guys will be in trouble.

Thanks.
Hey everyone, just got a quick question about accommodation availability at University Park. I'm aware all en-suite rooms in all halls there are fully allocated, but does anyone know if there are still shared bathroom rooms available? I'm just not sure if this room type is included in en-suite or not. Thanks :smile:
shared bathroom rooms are single rooms, so if it says there are still rooms available, then it'll cover single rooms.
If you're referring to private shared bathroom rooms which is where 2 people share, then more than likely they come under ensuite and are gone depending on where you want to apply.

Latest

Trending

Trending