The Student Room Group

Am I being unreasonable?

Right, so the final sixth form party is tomorrow and I don't usualy go, I've been to a few but not all.
I'm in lower sixth and since I'm hoping to go for headboy/deputy next year I thought I'd better go, especialy since it's the last one with upper sixth before they go to uni.

So anyway, I told my parents I was going and that I'm going to be getting a taxi back and sharing it with my girlfriend, so it would be easier for me to crash there.

I've stayed at my girlfriend's house numerous times before and she knows we've having sex. She's completely against this and tells me I'm too young etc and is trying to stop me from doing it again.

So anyway, she said what time does it finish, and I said I don't know, around 12ish maybe. So she said no you can't stay there, so I said can you pay for my taxi back then since it's going to be at my expense. So she said she'll pick me up at half 11.

This means I have to leave early, surrounded by my friends, as mummy picks me up as I can't be trusted to go home alone. This I thought was taking the piss a bit and told her I'm 17 now. She then said she's not, and that it's fine. Then I started to say how she's really over-protective and how I still have an enforced bedtime @ 11'o'clock.

I know it's her house etc and her rules but it's still taking the piss a bit. It's even worse in that my mum has a habit of drinking wine in the evening so I know she won't be able to pick me up and it'll fall upon my step dad who'll have to come out at 11:30. I'm pretty certain he doesn't care about me staying out, and that he'd be alright with it. So he has to suffer because of my mum.

I'm not being unreasonable here am I to say this is ridiculess? I'm 17 and I've been with my girlfriend 3 years. When she asked what time does it finish and I said I'm not sure, she's even going to ring up the venue tomorrow to ask the people running it to check what time the DJs book till so she knows exactly when it finishs.

I'm not a complete ass who wanderes the streets late at night, I've never done it and never will. I'm moderatly mature and I'd like to think I'd be alright by myself. I'm moving out in just over a year and would think she'd give me some independance by now.

I'm 17 for god's sake. Leave me be.
Reply 1
You have a bedtime? Ouch.

Tell your mum that you love her and even though you're growing up you'll still be her little boy inside. Just let her know you want to grow up a bit on the outside.
Reply 2
You're not being unreasonable at all, but there's (probably) not much you can do :frown: Just grin and bear it; you'll be 18 soon!
Not unreasonable, I'd make a deal with your stepdad. Get him to tell your mum he'll come and get you at 11.30, but then he can actually come at 12.30.
Bribe him if you want it that bad.
Unfortunately your rents being unreasonable is something you just kinda have to deal with till you can afford to live independently :frown:
Why is this in health? Looks like he posted it in the wrong section.
Reply 5
okay so i thought, maybe your mum was just being a little bit over protective and not wanting her son to sleep with his girlfriend all the time blah blah blah.... but youve been with her for 3 years??

i think your mum needs to get a grip tbh.. no offence :o:

Latest

Trending

Trending