The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3860
Medicine Man
Is it just me or are all these clearing adverts/threads/banners bloody frightening! :ninja2:

I crap myself every time I refresh the page. :sad: Darn the ads.

Anyone here seen Inside Man? Saw it on DVD the other day and felt so disappointed by it. :yes:
AutVinceriAutMori
I suppose they are useful for unfortunate Scottish studetns (i.e the ones that missed their offers)

Of course. Englanders are too good for clearing.
ADREAM

Anyone here seen Inside Man? Saw it on DVD the other day and felt so disappointed by it. :yes:

**** off. It has Denzel in it.
Toiletpaper8
When are you 18 Mena? :teeth:

I'd just stop thinking about it really, as it's outside of your control, but I know how hard it can be to do that. Just keep yourself occupied all the time and have lots of things to do. Maybe start reading a book or something, I dunno :p:
August 30th. I think I'm probably the youngest in our year. :o:

I only really think about it when a) I'm on here, b) with friends and they bring it up or c) really late at night when I think about the things that I'm worried about. I should really go to bed and just forget about it but that requires effort. :p:
OriginofSymmetry
Of course. Englanders are too good for clearing.

No, I didn't mean that, I just think that Scottish don't have to wait until English get their results to get the places- its actually better for them to get available places when half of competition is still waiting. Maybe that is why most places advertised are in Scottish Uni's, I was viewing Dundee the other night.
OriginofSymmetry
I'm a Denzel fan too. :five:

'Man on Fire' is one of my favourite films.
!MEna

He was ok in "Much Ado" although Keanu Reeves was better :love:
Reply 3867
OriginofSymmetry

Meh, he isn't all that great in everything. :no: I think the movie just tries to be so much better than it really is, if I'm making any sense. Not bad on any count, but definitely disappointing though.
AutVinceriAutMori
No, I didn't mean that, I just think that Scottish don't have to wait until English get their results to get the places- its actually better for them to get available places when half of competition is still waiting. Maybe that is why most places advertised are in Scottish Uni's, I was viewing Dundee the other night.

I know, I jest.
!MEna

American Gangster :h:

My man....

He's a handsome devil too.
OriginofSymmetry
I know, I jest.

So you must have secured your offer to be in jesting mood? :biggrin:
AutVinceriAutMori
So you must have secured your offer to be in jesting mood? :biggrin:

That was so last year.
AutVinceriAutMori
He was ok in "Much Ado" although Keanu Reeves was better :love:
Ahhh...'Much Ado About Nothing'. I remember seeing that film in Year 9 at the time when we were covering the text in class.

Totally underrated if you ask me - the text that is, not the film. :p:
ADREAM
Meh, he isn't all that great in everything. :no: I think the movie just tries to be so much better than it really is, if I'm making any sense. Not bad on any count, but definitely disappointing though.

I see what you mean. I don't like Clive Owen. I've only liked him in the Bourne Identity. He played the stern assassin and dying assassin well.
Reply 3874
OriginofSymmetry
That was so last year.

Why the mood?
ADREAM
Why the mood?

No mood. It was so last year :wink:

Grade-wise I mean.
Reply 3876
OriginofSymmetry
No mood. It was so last year :wink:

Grade-wise I mean.

:awesome:

Congrats on the (practically already confirmed) offer mate. :yy:
!MEna
Ahhh...'Much Ado About Nothing'. I remember seeing that film in Year 9 at the time when we were covering the text in class.

Totally underrated if you ask me - the text that is, not the film. :p:

Ah, yes I watched it simply because we did it in A2 English.
The book is underrated, but then again so is the Tempest, it seems like mainstream works of Shakespeare, such as R&J, McBeth and Lear eclipsed all the others
My only criticism of the play was the ****** Claudio , the most annoying literary character I ever came accross
Reply 3878
Just been reading some rave reviews for 'Streetcar' down in London. Can't wait to see it! :awesome:
ADREAM
:awesome:

Congrats on the (practically already confirmed) offer mate. :yy:

Thank'ee :ahee:

I'll be back on on the 20th to find out how everyone got on.

Especially you, JonJon.

Latest

Trending

Trending