The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
*Katie*

And it probably could work out even if she didn't feel the same way - with the first guy he tried to manipulate me into liking him - deliberately trying to make me jealous by excluding me and hooking up with my friends. I got so sick of his behaviour that before he confessed I don't think we were friends anymore. But even still I feel our friendship was a lie - he used it to try to get more out of me.

That is a bit odd. Don't think i'll be going down that route anyway :biggrin:
Reply 21
bobcatexpress
Friends who don't want anything more don't let you cuddle up in bed with them, or stick your hand up their top!
Has she pulled someone else to see how you'd take it? Drop a hint that you might have been a bit jealous- or just come out and say it -but don't make it arsey. Don't have a big serious talk with her, that'll just make it feel like you're giving an ultimatum, keep the tone how you normally would.

You'd be suprised..
Reply 22
mituozo
You'd be suprised..

Really...?
Well I think you should just tell her. I think she does like you, either that or she's a cock tease.
Reply 24
Draw up a venn diagram of the pros and cons that YOU can think of. If you think the pros outweigh the cons, then go for it! =D
Good luck!
Reply 25
Anonymous
Really...?

Yepp, I've shared beds with a girl (a friend), been touchy feely etc to then be rejected when I said something about it. Mind you, I never put my hand up her top :tongue:.. I've had a few girls that've shared beds with me and just cuddled/etc all night, it doesn't have to mean they like you anymore than a friend.

I guess you could call them romantic friendships :tongue:.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_friendship :tongue:
Reply 26
Anonymous
Please please just tell her. I was in exactly the same position as you and it was the best decision I made. There is nothing to lose other than a month or two of awkwardness. What do you have to gain? A girlfriend who you clearly love.

Please please just tell her your feelings - then post next week about how happy you are about going out with her :-)

I think this is her
Reply 27
Anonymous
I'm trying to work out how many girls get that close (I say THAT close, not that in the grand scheme of things its much) with their single guy-mates anyway if they dont want anything more?

I have to say, the idea of me letting my best boymate put his hand up my top is totally weird and wrong. Which I guess is encouraging to you in your situation!
Reply 28
I was very much and still kind of am in the situation that OP is, apart from I was cowardly about it and it only came out because we were fighting and it was about to completly just end on itself and I thought I'd go for broke and just tell her and strangly now that appears to be the only thing that has saved our friendship. But we are still no closer to being an item but it has only been a few days so there is hope.

Although, be warned as other people have said she might have no idea as that is how it has been with me and both of our stories are pretty similar with the same cuddling/handholding thing happening as well as other things.

I have been very cowardly about this whole thing by not telling her, seriously it went on for months and she now resents me for it so despite having maybe given you reasons against it I still urge you to do something about it. You never know :smile:.
Reply 29
Show her the bulge in your trousers?

But this is cute, I wish you luck with it!
Reply 30
Anonymous
Maybe you're right. Sometimes overthinking situations can really **** you over and I'm thinking this is one of them times.

Over thinking is the worst thing. But its easily done. At least by telling her you get it off you chest and know either way.
Reply 31
I would have said go for it a few weeks ago but I’ve recently been in a situation where a friend who I see as only that has admitted having feelings for me and I honestly wish he’d never said anything. Things are quite difficult between us now, so unless you’re sure she feels the same, be careful.
Reply 32
LdnShmoo
I have to say, the idea of me letting my best boymate put his hand up my top is totally weird and wrong. Which I guess is encouraging to you in your situation!

well it only happened once, for a few minutes and I apologised by text later but she ignored it. I've asked her twice if things were a bit weird when I stayed at hers and both times she's said no. I wanted to ask in more detail but just lost my bottle and changed the subject! She's usually quite straight forward but hasnt had a boyfriend for about 3 years now and the other night was the first time i've known her having a drunken pull so I was surprised. I guess it's impossible to know what she's thinking unless i talk to her about it, frankly.
am just wondering, is it weird for single guy/girl to share a bed and cuddle in front of the tele? Even a few nights in a row? It's not that weird is it, making me think it's just a sign of closeness and not necessarily anything more.
Reply 34
When she's having her breakfast, take over the spoon and spell out 'I love you' in cheerios.

Girls dig this because it combines three heart winning factors; cheerios, your sensitive side, it's cute.
Reply 35
crooks & castles

hahahahaha I forgot about this.
Reply 36
Aaaw! That's so sweet. Well i think you should definetly tell her how you feel but let her kno that you dont want any sort of awkwerdness if she doesn't feel the same. Should this be the case let her kno that you'll be fine with being the way you are now if she doesn't feel the same.

Anyways, im pretty sure she likes you a bit too, just see what happens, you should be fine. Good luck !
Reply 37
sounds the best way i guess. Cheers for the advice all
Reply 38
ok i lied earlier one final shamelesss bump to see if anyone's been in a similar position?
Not been in one so much as am in one. I am just hoping to god he feels the same way. I am way too scared to make a move though :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending