The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what a waste of a night, and money spend on entry/drinks.

you owe him
bikipip
Well to be honest that's why I don't accept drinks, club entry fees or cab fares from guys to begin with, they wouldn't pay for all that unless they expected something in return!

It depends, I have had really good male friends buy me drinks just because I was skint before, and I'm 99% sure it wasn't because they were trying to hit on me or something.
Reply 22
no cause he knew where he was going with his paying for your entry and buyinng your drinks
trust me boys aren't that nice for no good reason!!!
The Socialite
Hi. My friends and I were having a little discussion, and I was wondering what people's views were on this.

Here's the situation, pretend you're a guy (unless you are a guy, in which case, you're you :p:) and you're at a bar. You see a girl mate of yours that you've had your eye on for quite a while, and she seems rather interested in you too. You and all your friends combined go to another bar (you pay for her entry), and then pay for a couple of drinks for her and she's getting steadily more drunk (as are you). Later you both get into a taxi and go back to yours. However, once she gets back to yours she appears to have sobered up somewhat and even though she comes up to your bedroom, she doesn't have sex with you...instead, she says she's sorry but she doesn't really do one night stands, she prefers relationships and was way too drunk to realise where she was going that night and has only just realised where she is. So you just both sleep in your bed together...

Would you feel used?

My guy mate says he would feel a bit used. I admit I have done this once before, a long time ago...and even though I told him I was sorry but it's just not my thing to have one night stands and I only just realised where I was, I feel rather bad now! Bear in mind this guy was a bit of a notorious womaniser anyway...and in contrast my guy mate is a sensitive sort. Does it just depend on the guy's individual attitude?

A bit used? Frankly it was slightly dodgy for him to get a girl drunk to take home for sex. If she was going to hook up regardless then its fair enough, but booze should only help things along, not initiate the humpage.

And if he got a bit of harmless spooning out of it he shouldn't complain.
Reply 24
Used for what? A few drinks? Most girls aren't so cynical as to believe that a friend who offers to buy them drinks is only doing it in the hope of getting them into bed. And if I am aware that a guy is doing something as sleazy as trying to get me drunk enough to mistakenly sleep with him, why shouldn't I have a couple of free drinks on him?
Reply 25
nope, it's a fair thing to do.
x-pri-x
no cause he knew where he was going with his paying for your entry and buyinng your drinks
trust me boys aren't that nice for no good reason!!!

I do that for friends - male or female.

Its Karma baby.
Reply 27
Jamie
I do that for friends - male or female.

Its Karma baby.

yeahh but this guy was just doing all that for her
there was intention =)
I can see why some guys would feel used but the sort of guy who would doesn't deserve you worrying about his feelings to be frank, expecting a girl to sell herself for a couple of drinks is just low.
Reply 29
john14
But anyone with sense would realise the drink buying was basically to try and get with her, and if she comes home with him, then yeah she's basically led him on massively.

They're mates though. If my mate bought me drinks I'd happily accept and since I've slept at mates' houses many times, I would go along to his house afterwards too. It'd only be after he starts trying to get me upstairs or is hinting that he wants sex that I'd realise what's going on, and like in the OP, I'd apologise and clarify my position.
I don't think the girl used the guy, she probably liked him but after sobering up, she realised having sex with the guy would make the after morning after situation a BAD IDEA.

What is there to complain about for the guy, if he got a bit of spooning.
I would have very blue balls, but wouldn't feel used.
Reply 32
The Socialite
Hi. My friends and I were having a little discussion, and I was wondering what people's views were on this.

Here's the situation, pretend you're a guy (unless you are a guy, in which case, you're you :p:) and you're at a bar. You see a girl mate of yours that you've had your eye on for quite a while, and she seems rather interested in you too. You and all your friends combined go to another bar (you pay for her entry), and then pay for a couple of drinks for her and she's getting steadily more drunk (as are you). Later you both get into a taxi and go back to yours. However, once she gets back to yours she appears to have sobered up somewhat and even though she comes up to your bedroom, she doesn't have sex with you...instead, she says she's sorry but she doesn't really do one night stands, she prefers relationships and was way too drunk to realise where she was going that night and has only just realised where she is. So you just both sleep in your bed together...

Would you feel used?

My guy mate says he would feel a bit used. I admit I have done this once before, a long time ago...and even though I told him I was sorry but it's just not my thing to have one night stands and I only just realised where I was, I feel rather bad now! Bear in mind this guy was a bit of a notorious womaniser anyway...and in contrast my guy mate is a sensitive sort. Does it just depend on the guy's individual attitude?

I would not feel used, I would say that is very sweet. :smile:
looosey
Used for what? A few drinks? Most girls aren't so cynical as to believe that a friend who offers to buy them drinks is only doing it in the hope of getting them into bed. And if I am aware that a guy is doing something as sleazy as trying to get me drunk enough to mistakenly sleep with him, why shouldn't I have a couple of free drinks on him?

^This.

Latest

Trending

Trending