The Student Room Group

My brother can't tell the difference between male and female

my little bro is not able to tell the difference between male and female. he is 10 years old, he's not a baby. he genuinely cannot differentiate and to him all men and women look the same...

it's not a temporary thing because he's always been like this.

but what do you think is the reason behind him being like that? do you think it's something wrong with his brain?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Maybe he wants to be a tranny
If it's that drastic, how does he recognise you?
Reply 4
Possibly its hard to judge. Does anyone else know about this?
Maybe he's bisexual
Reply 6
This should probably be addressed to a paediatrician rather than TSR =) Get your brother's GP to refer him.
I think there must be something unusual in his brain chemistry.
Reply 8
Does he have a micro penis?
Original post by Anonymous
do you think it's something wrong with his brain?

Well I think you've answered that for yourself..

But the best thing to do would be to get some kind of professional help. I mean, does he have any other symptoms? We can't really say much on here, we're not doctors, but it does seem to be pretty strange!
Does he know the difference between a mother/father and a brother/sister?
I would suggest he sees a doctor, so he can be referred for a brain scan. I imagine it'll be quite a handicap when he's older.
Reply 12
these days men and women are dressing so alike, i find it hard to tell the difference a lot of the time too.
Original post by Anonymous

Tell him women have long hair and boobs whereas men don't :wink:
Reply 14
Prosopagnosia??

"Apperceptive prosopagnosia is thought to be a disorder of some of the earliest processes in the face perception system. People with this disorder cannot make any sense of faces and are unable to make same-different judgments when they are presented with pictures of different faces. They may also be unable to work out attributes such as age or gender from a face. However, they may be able to recognize people based on non-face clues such as their clothing, hairstyle or voice."
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by LaughingBro
Tell him women have long hair and boobs whereas men don't :wink:

That isn't always true. I know a guy with longer hair and bigger boobs than me :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending