The Student Room Group

How can you tell if you're good-looking or not?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You look in the mirror and you don't throw up.
Original post by Eloise987
I once got wolf-whistled seven times, plus a thumbs up from a motorcyclist walking the ten minutes to my friend's house :cool:

Although that might have had something to do with the fact I forgot to put any clothes on that day....

When I did that people threw garbage at me. :frown:
Look in the mirror, and if your reflection shields his eyes, you know there's something wrong.
Other peoples mothers assure me of that.
Reply 44
Original post by StarryEyed91
I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.

My girlfriend doesn't wear make up. But, she is spanish and has very dark features, so she doesn't need too. :sexface:

I have.... :smile:
Original post by Astra_K
Nope.

Girl wearing makeup = ugly girl creating a fake face.
Girl not wearing makeup = natural beauty, man made products not required as there are no ugly traits to disguise.

Don't be so silly. 90% of the girls who you think have that 'natural beauty' are covering up blemishes with foundation, lengthening their eyelashes with mascara and brightening their complexions with highlighter. They're wearing make up, just not to the point where they look like a clown with an inch of face paint.
(edited 13 years ago)
Ask other people, like a questionnaire/survey on your looks.

I have had the complete opposite experience. I don't like makeup at all, or the look it creates.

---

At school my "thing" was being the ugly dude, you know. People told me I was ugly. So I assumed I was, and didn't really mind. Then I got one girl when I was 20, didn't think much of it. Then when I was 22 and started meeting more people, suddenly everyone was telling me how beautiful I am, and I still get compliments and comments to that effect, so I guess I look ok really. Who knows.
Original post by ColdWishes
If you get a lot of attention from the opposite sex or if you receive a lot of (genuine) compliments.

But then again even people like Kim Kardashian won't be liked by everyone.

People who don't like Kim Kardashian clearly haven't see her ass :coma:
Original post by lechaton-x
Don't be so silly. 90% of the girls who you think have that 'natural' are covering up blemishes with foundation, lengthening their eyelashes with mascara and brightening their complexions with highlighter. They're wearing make up, just not to the point where they look like a clown with an inch of face paint.

I'm part of the 10% left then. :smile:

Haha or boys just lie to get me into their bed...

Damn. :redface:
Reply 52
Original post by lechaton-x
Don't be so silly. 90% of the girls who you think have that 'natural' are covering up blemishes with foundation, lengthening their eyelashes with mascara and brightening their complexions with highlighter. They're wearing make up, just not to the point where they look like a clown with an inch of face paint.

Nope, the ugly girls who are insecure plaster their face in make up so they look like a Barbie.
The naturally attractive girls use the bare minimum of make up.
Obviously all girls wear make up pretty much, but some take it to lol worthy extremes.
Original post by Nocturna
I'm assuming that you're the type of girl that looks like she smeared mud (sorry, fake tan) all over her face and actually thinks it looks hot.

No, I'm the type of girl who uses cosmetics to my advantage. Without any makeup I look incredibly plain and could probably pass for being about 14.
Instead, I wear foundation and blusher so my skin looks smooth and healthy; eyeliner and mascara to make my eyes look bigger; and a bit of concealer if I have any blemishes.
Whether you like it or not, makeup turns plain girls into pretty girls.
Hmm... I think that's a good question actually.
I'm much more inclined to think I look attractive if I decide that for myself by looking in the mirror. If someone else tells me I look good, I'm less likely to believe them.
I think also because I see myself all the time (obviously) I see myself when I look my best and my worst so even when I'm all done up I never really feel like I'm that good looking because I know what I looked like before I started that process haha.
I also constantly compare myself to other people so I'm never going to feel that attractive because there's a lot of good looking people around!
Original post by Astra_K
I have

In all honesty, the girls you think are beautiful without make-up are probably just more discreet at putting it on.

EDIT: just noticed someone pointed this out before me.

ooooooooooooooh well :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by MissFanatical
In all honesty, the girls you think are beautiful without make-up are probably just more discreet at putting it on.

Hmmm yes because when we go to bed and she removes all her make up, she must still have some on :rolleyes:
Reply 57
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Well, I get told I look good by different people quite a bit.

And I know when I look in the mirror that I have features people generally consider attractive in a female.

As stalkerish as this sounds, you've had some pretty profile pictures up...
Original post by Nocturna
I'm assuming that you're the type of girl that looks like she smeared mud (sorry, fake tan) all over her face and actually thinks it looks hot.

That's a bit of a weirdly unfounded assumption...
Reply 59
Jean Claude Van DAMME I look fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending