The Student Room Group

How can you tell if you're good-looking or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StarryEyed91
I have never seen a girl without makeup who looks attractive. Ever.

You clearly haven't seen some of my friends. Absolutely stunning with and without makeup.
Reply 61
Original post by ColdWishes
If you get a lot of attention from the opposite sex or if you receive a lot of (genuine) compliments.

Hello. You are very pretty.

That is all.
Original post by MissFanatical
In all honesty, the girls you think are beautiful without make-up are probably just more discreet at putting it on.

EDIT: just noticed someone pointed this out before me.

ooooooooooooooh well :biggrin:

No, seriously I don't wear make up (just cant be arsed to take time and put some on in the morning, or even before a night out, except from a very thin line of eye liner...) And that doesn't stop me from getting some "you look beautiful" by guys. I even put the webcam on with a friend sometimes, when I just woke up and didnt even wash my face and he's still saying I look amazing.
So it just depends on the girl, and on the boy, if he doesn't mind a free make up face. :smile:
Original post by Astra_K
Hmmm yes because when we go to bed and she removes all her make up, she must still have some on :rolleyes:

Probably, lmao, I do. Even if she doesn't, congratulations on sleeping with a naturally pretty girl, society's view of 'beautiful' would place her in the minority.
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
And I know when I look in the mirror that I have features people generally consider attractive in a female.

Could you expand on that?

You are looking in the wrong place then!
Reply 66
Original post by lolololol
You clearly haven't seen some of my friends. Absolutely stunning with and without makeup.

Do you say to your friends that they can sing/should go on x factor, and that they can do anything and everything they want?

:teehee:
Original post by littlepotatoe
No, seriously I don't wear make up (just cant be arsed to take time and put some on in the morning, or even before a night out, except from a very thin line of eye liner...) And that doesn't stop me from getting some "you look beautiful" by guys. I even put the webcam on with a friend sometimes, when I just woke up and didnt even wash my face and he's still saying I look amazing.
So it just depends on the girl, and on the boy, if he doesn't mind a free make up face. :smile:

Yes alright lmao, I'm not saying no girl is naturally pretty, just that in many cases the 'natural' look is about as natural as a flying turd.
Based on how others react, also compliments from others.
Also things like attention.
I find that a good indication is by how 'good looking' you're main group of friends are. You dont generally see a minger hanging around with loads of stunners (although it does happen). Also what type of boys are attracted to you, e.g. are they good looking?

Can all be really misinterpreted though.
The girls who rely on make up are almost always ugly/ insecure about how they look, the girls who don't use make up for instance surfer girls are almost always hotter more confident about how they look and not fake. I know this sounds like a generalization but thats what I have found from experience. Theres nothing worse than waking up with a girl who looked hot with make up and then without is :yucky:. IMO
Reply 70
Any chick here that says they've had compliments or getting lots of attention. Don't flatter yourself. Even the most butterz gal gets attention from guys that want to nail them. If you're a girl and don't get some sort of attention then you fail at life.
Original post by JayB124
When I did that people threw garbage at me. :frown:

A sure sign you're not good looking. Sux 2 b u my friend :frown:
Original post by Jingers
Do you say to your friends that they can sing/should go on x factor, and that they can do anything and everything they want?

:teehee:

Lol no. But having gone to an all-girls school I saw my fair share of girls with no make up on in the morning and some were still ridiculously pretty. Quite unfair really.
Reply 73
Original post by MissFanatical
Probably, lmao, I do. Even if she doesn't, congratulations on sleeping with a naturally pretty girl, society's view of 'beautiful' would place her in the minority.

Lol someone's bitter :wink:
Original post by MancBoy
Any chick here that says they've had compliments or getting lots of attention. Don't flatter yourself. Even the most butterz gal gets attention from guys that want to nail them. If you're a girl and don't get some sort of attention then you fail at life.

Does it depend on the compliments?
I mean, would a guy who only wants to screw a girl tell her she's beautiful, or pretty?
From what I saw, they usually use words such as "hot" or a simple "i want to nail you".
But I might be wrong...
Reply 75

You can't have met many attractive girls then. I would prove to you that a girl without makeup can look ridiculously attractive, because my friend does, but I'm not going to post her picture up on here, because doing that without asking her wouldn't be right, but believe me, she's far prettier than the orange girls you see in clubs and places.
Reply 76
I know I'm not good looking. I remember a couple of years ago being told I was 6/10 by some girl. I was well chuffed :biggrin:
Like this.

"Mirror, am I good looking?"
"Absolutely. Oh, by the way, you might want to brush you hair a bit. There. Perfect."
"As always :wink:"

There.

Just kidding. It's a combination of your opinion and others I think.
Reply 78
It's impossible to tell, really.
Even people who are 'universally attractive' like Brad Pitt do nothing for me... :s-smilie: It's all subjective. The list of people I find gorgeous would be quite different to the majority view, methinks.
Original post by Astra_K
Lol someone's bitter :wink:

lmao what am i bitter about?

many of the traits that society believes make women beautiful (big eyes/dark eyelashes/defined eyebrows/clear skin/no bags under eyes) don't appear naturally as often as one would think, walking down the street. a girl can appear to be a 'natural' 8/10 but give her a make-up wipe and she can easily slide down to a 6 or below. her 'naturally beautiful' eyes will shrink, her eyebrows will appear less defined and little random blemishes will appear all over her face :koala:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending