The Student Room Group

Love this girl but shes going back home

Theres this girl at work who is here in the UK on a student Visa. We have now known each other for about 6 months, and she is going back to her country in 2 months time (she me when she was going back, but this just skipped my mind as I was so badly in love).

Recently we have been getting really close, and our friendship has become very solid to the point where I think it is leading to a relationship (we have discussed this, and agreed to not have one to avoid hurt) but it is still looking like it could lead to one.

The girl clearly likes me, and she already knows I like her, but I am feeling depresses as she wil be gone in 2 months, and I will probably never see her again.

If she stays here with me, i.e. if we get married then she would betray her parents who she is very fond of. but If she goes home, then she will probably be married within a matter of months due to the culture in her homeland.

I am seeking advice on how to handle this situation.

It would be really hard to communicate with her when she goes back as I would have to ring her house, and wouldnt want to interfere with her life at home.

I think I should make the most of the time shes here, but I think I would be depressed for months and months after.

It just really annoys me that a thing such as visa is the main problem here.

Please help me someone :frown:
I guess none has any advice for me :frown:

the days are now fast approaching, and this stupid snow is limiting me getting to work and also seeing her :frown:
make the most of it whilst shes here
this happened with a sorta ex of mine
he was going to uni in sept and we liked each other since july.

Eventually he didnt get into uni, and we ended up splitting up anyway. So just enjoy your time her now.
I don't think you should consider getting married...
Let her go back him for a while and you'll see that you're going to forget her very soon
You may not want to right now, but it's the easiest option really and i'm sure you'll find someone else less... complicated and you'll forget all about her
If you still feel very strongly about her even when she is away, then maybe you should consider taking your relationship to a more serious level

Good Luck!
Reply 4
Enjoy the time you do have and then deal with the pain when it comes.
That's my plan, anyway. :dry:
Original post by Gars de baccalaureats
Theres this girl at work who is here in the UK on a student Visa. We have now known each other for about 6 months, and she is going back to her country in 2 months time (she me when she was going back, but this just skipped my mind as I was so badly in love).

Recently we have been getting really close, and our friendship has become very solid to the point where I think it is leading to a relationship (we have discussed this, and agreed to not have one to avoid hurt) but it is still looking like it could lead to one.

The girl clearly likes me, and she already knows I like her, but I am feeling depresses as she wil be gone in 2 months, and I will probably never see her again.

If she stays here with me, i.e. if we get married then she would betray her parents who she is very fond of. but If she goes home, then she will probably be married within a matter of months due to the culture in her homeland.

I am seeking advice on how to handle this situation.

It would be really hard to communicate with her when she goes back as I would have to ring her house, and wouldnt want to interfere with her life at home.

I think I should make the most of the time shes here, but I think I would be depressed for months and months after.

It just really annoys me that a thing such as visa is the main problem here.

Please help me someone :frown:

talk to her about it. simples
I would like to thank everyone for their advice.

Its just that I basically dropped what I was holding when I saw this girl, and looked in astonishment at her beauty.

Ive been in love before, but its never been as intense as this.

might think about taking her out somewhere (maybe something like ice skating which they probably dont have in her country)
Reply 7
I definately wouldn't rush into marrying her after you've only known each other for six months! Enjoy the time you have together before she leaves and after that decide whether you want to continue the relationship through visiting each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending