The Student Room Group

Why do girls love discussing other people's love/sex lives so much?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Aack
Why can't you get a real hobby instead of earwigging on girls who say stuff you don't like?

I think you're a pervert to be honest.

This is the second time I have lolled at a post from you. Very good. In relation to the topic though?

:banana:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Luceria
Neither would I :laugh: . Though I am quite real. :^_^: *checks down pyjamas bottoms*. Yes, definitely female.

SO TURNED ON RIGHT NOW :ahee:

(I kid)
Reply 22
I'm a girl and I don't talk about stuff like that
I blame the media!

No, honestly the girls who obsess about other people's lives aren't that many, they just stand out more. And those that gossip aren't very respected among us. Then again everyone talks a little. We are social beings and by nature we are interested in others.
Original post by Nizzay!
The TSR girls will say they don't indugle in these type of conversations. This further proves my theory of TSR girls not being the same as the real life ones.

of course we're the same as "real life" girls?? what gives you that idea?
plus no i will not say that i dont indulge in these types of converstaion,i frequently do.
I like to know whats going on.Infact I'm always one of the first to know what's goingon..but i don't gossip to everyone about it :tongue:
Reply 25
Because they obviously have a s*** sex life and so have to put down others relationships.
Original post by Luceria
Stop generalising. And not all guys play COD. I play it sometimes though. :^_^:

it's generalised in response to the op generalising.98% of guys i know is in love with COD..but then again ofc there are exceptions :smile:
wait a second..why is everyone saying that talking about whats happening mean that we have s*** lives ourselves??
Thant is SO not true.
and we dont make bad comments or lower them down. we just discuss..
Reply 28
Original post by Menakshelatte
it's generalised in response to the op generalising.98% of guys i know is in love with COD..but then again ofc there are exceptions :smile:

:erm: How many guys do you know? :holmes:
I've never been interested in that sort of gossip. I'd just find it embarrassing, I don't want to know what my friends get up to in bed, thanks.
yeah because obviously this is what all girls talk about :indiff:
Original post by lonely14
:erm: How many guys do you know? :holmes:

more than i can count? in school,out of school..
To be honest with you, I love a good cheeky gossip and nice bitch about whose cock is in who's vagina.

What can I say, things have been dull round here since the local cinema closed down! :ashamed2:

I don't see the major harm in it as long as it's not your only conversation piece. We girls think the same when we hear you discussing for hours about some video game or graphic cards or new piece of technology. 'Why can't they just talk about real things?' :rolleyes:
I dunno but it hacks my off, my relationship is my relationship. Dunno why it needs to be headline news to everyone else.
That's annoying. First, the fact that you think this, and second the fact that some girls are actually agreeing with you. Maybe you just know some really nosey people who happen to be girls? Why all the focus on gender?
I know some guys who gossip SO much more than my friends and I do.

But when we do do it, it's cause it's FUNNY.
And gives us lots of stuff to banter about next time we see the people in question...
Knowing that X got off with Y when they were drunk when in reality X would rather date Frankenstein is brilliant banter.

Obviously we don't get involved in the whole serious couple thing, it's not our place.
But drunk decisions are always fun to chat about the morning after.
(edited 13 years ago)
it's just a bit of banter tbh, until it becomes rude, then it's a no no!
Reply 37
could it be competition amongst girls?
I simply find it amusing :biggrin: Plus it's nice to let off steam and talk about a bit of fluff for a bit with friends!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending