The Student Room Group

guys, do you ever say to girl you miss her?

Do you ever tell a girl (whos not your gf) you miss/ed them.

Girls, what would you think?

Sure a thread has been done on this, but need new opinions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do, but not something I do too much. Once in a while. Don't want to completely eradicate my masculinity.
Reply 2
yeh all the time
Yeah, not a lot though, just maybe if I haven't seen a girl I like for about 2 weeks +
I think that's fine for a single guy to say to a girl if that's how he felt.

If I found out my bf had said that to another girl I'd feel a bit weird about it. Unless it was like a childhood friend that he never saw, or a cousin/sister etc.
Reply 5
My male friends always say it, it's only a big deal if you make it into one
Surely it depends on the relationship you have with them?
I wouldn't think anything of it if it was a close male friend who I hadn't seen in a while!
If it was someone I had just started to see/only met recently, and I'd only seen them a few days before, then yeah I'd be a bit weirded out by it.
I think it would depend on the situation!
Reply 7
Original post by Smile88egc
I think that's fine for a single guy to say to a girl if that's how he felt.

If I found out my bf had said that to another girl I'd feel a bit weird about it. Unless it was like a childhood friend that he never saw, or a cousin/sister etc.

How would you feel if a guy you had a feeling liked you said it to you?
never because I lack emotion.
Reply 9
no makes you sound needy. i'd get a hobby or something.
Reply 10
Original post by i.student

What if you intend on using it as a way of showing you like her?
Original post by Hey TSR
How would you feel if a guy you had a feeling liked you said it to you?

If I was single and I liked him then I would appreciate it,

If I wasn't single and I thought he liked me then I'd be annoyed at him for being inappropriate (I think it's rude to hit on girls who are taken), and probably feel awkward if I didn't feel similarly about him...

Then again if we were close friends, I wouldn't think anything of it.

Sorry if it's not that clear.....women are complex creatures!
Reply 12
she is a girl. you are a boy. she'd probably know you like her.
Reply 13
Original post by i.student

This guy knows what he's talking about. :cool:
I never say it, not even if i do like them. I agree with i.student that it sounds needy.
If a girl says it does it mean they might like you?
A girl who i was very close with until we went to different unis (and I liked for a while but she had a boyfriend at the time, they broke up when we were both in uni) said this to me in summer and was complaining that we wouldnt get to see each other because of our holiday dates over summer conflicted. I thought nothing of it at the time.
yes all the time, if I haven't seen a female friend in some time I will, and so will say, that I miss them.
I'd say it if that's how I felt and if they're close.
Reply 17
No, it's a sign of weakness and she will never respect you.
Sometimes. Not often. Rarely.

I don't understand a woman's need to hear the words "I miss(ed) you" or "I love you."
My girlfriend practically demands I say them sometimes. I say it when the moment is right if i feel like it (which isn't very often lol).

They're just words, actions are more important :smile:
only one, who im close friends, and i say i miss something about her (usually her personality) otherwise it gets awkward because shes a solid 9.

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending