The Student Room Group

Guys: You like this girl...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by im so academic
What if the girl wasn't hot physically?

It's pretty awkward if someone comes on to you and you are really not interested, be it for reasons of physical attraction or otherwise.
Reply 21
Well his seems confident but his friends claim otherwise. Usually he's really laddish.

I've told his friend that i like him back. Not sure what else i can do??

Original post by glance
If he's shy, then I'm afraid he's probably unlikely to initiate the "asking out" stage even though he wants to ask you out. I see nothing wrong with the girl being the one who initiates this stage, but if you feel strongly that you want to follow tradition then you could be really blatant with your feelings and open the door massively for him to ask you out. That way, he'd feel like he was doing the masculine thing and making the first move even though you'd nutmegged two central defenders and expertly passed the ball to the goal hanger.
he might not be interested :confused: either that or you have to try harder I just don't know

its still incredibly flatering to be approached and asked out, only a dick would be a **** to any girl, sure you arent always going to eb attracted to whoever asked you out, but telling them in a nice way wont ruin someones confidence....also sometimes people who you didnt seem attracted to, approach you and become more attractive as you talk with them

I think girls would appreciate this point more, sinc eim sure more girls turn down guys than vice versa
Reply 24
Well he specifically said he liked me to this friend

and even asked the guy to find out if i liked him? so i don't know?!

Original post by ChaoticSkills
he might not be interested :confused: either that or you have to try harder I just don't know
Original post by xBxx
Ok thank you. I may ask if we could hang out one time?

why do i have to text him first though? It makes me feel like

im annoying and he doesn't care?

Him not texting you is kinda sus, cos its an easy way to chat to a girl if your shy as it saves embarassment..but yeah, you could ask him what hes doing and sort of nudge him into asking you somewhere....if not then thert eis only so much you can do!
Reply 26
so not replying instantly to texts and playing hard to get is a no go?

Original post by Carpediemxx
Him not texting you is kinda sus, cos its an easy way to chat to a girl if your shy as it saves embarassment..but yeah, you could ask him what hes doing and sort of nudge him into asking you somewhere....if not then thert eis only so much you can do!
Reply 27
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
No. I prefer it. More work for you, less work for me.

Only idiots say the opposite.

not really, cuz some guy (like me) enjoy the process of trying to get the girl as well as the time together, but i wouldn't it a turn off if the girl takes the first step. But don't take my work on relationship, am the kind of person who believes in 'work hard, play hard' so relationship takes too much time in my opinion.

As for your question:

Take him away from your friend for private convro (a huge sign)
Original post by xBxx

No not nessesarily...if hes friends with "lads" they might influence him to be a bit dickish with texts cos they beleive thats the way to behave with girls...he might not wanna come across too into you if he replies immediately either for similar reasons,,, does he leave it for days without aysing anything?
Reply 29
so would me telling him i like him, be too intense?

Original post by Lawlet
not really, cuz some guy (like me) enjoy the process of trying to get the girl as well as the time together, but i wouldn't it a turn off if the girl takes the first step. But don't take my work on relationship, am the kind of person who believes in 'work hard, play hard' so relationship takes too much time in my opinion.

As for your question:

Take him away from your friend for private convro (a huge sign)
Original post by xBxx
Well he specifically said he liked me to this friend

and even asked the guy to find out if i liked him? so i don't know?!

Ah right, now I see why you're in this predicament. Why don't you try talking to him directly maybe he has some personal problems he needs to sort out :s-smilie: which is preventing him from asking you out :confused: by showing some serious concern and solidarity he might appreciate it and make him more comfortable when talking to you it's better not to get friends involved when asking someone out
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by xBxx

basically yeah, the harder a girl is to get, the more interested a guy becomes in that girl, that's how stupid guy is- like once i attempted to chat up a girl not that i like her but because of her rep of being hard to get. I know this sound bad but is the pride man have.
Reply 32
Well i know the girls he hangs around with, tease him about him liking me . (They are intimidating) so i don't know.

Heard his friends discussing my looks the other day, but he didn't have any input.

Well during the summer we would have long texting flexes. Where he would reply instantly.

He is now late with replies and usually starts with sorry i've been bad at replying.

He didn't reply to my last text for 2 days. Then he sent me a text asking how i was?

He's initiated conversations on fb a few times.

Original post by Carpediemxx
No not nessesarily...if hes friends with "lads" they might influence him to be a bit dickish with texts cos they beleive thats the way to behave with girls...he might not wanna come across too into you if he replies immediately either for similar reasons,,, does he leave it for days without aysing anything?
Reply 33
Original post by xBxx
so would me telling him i like him, be too intense?

i have no idea, it all depends on what kind of person he is but i think am a very special case (at least for my age) cuz most of my friend doesn't agree with my view and they prefer girls who takes the first step, so.
Reply 34
I just can't get him by himself. And our groups are linked

because my friend is going out with his, so its hard for friends not to get involved.

Original post by ChaoticSkills
Ah right, now I see why you're in this predicament. Why don't you try talking to him directly maybe he has some personal problems he needs to sort out :s-smilie: which is preventing him from asking you out :confused: by showing some serious concern and solidarity he might appreciate it and make him more comfortable when talking to you it's better not to get friends involved when asking someone out
Reply 35
Original post by xBxx
I'm a girl who likes a guy haha

Don't guys find it a bit of a turn off when a girl initiates things?

It seems desperate.

No. I doubt even a tiny percentage of guys think that... It's just something girls made up and surely no guy has ever actually agreed with...
Original post by xBxx
Well i know the girls he hangs around with, tease him about him liking me . (They are intimidating) so i don't know.

Heard his friends discussing my looks the other day, but he didn't have any input.

Well during the summer we would have long texting flexes. Where he would reply instantly.

He is now late with replies and usually starts with sorry i've been bad at replying.

He didn't reply to my last text for 2 days. Then he sent me a text asking how i was?

WEll it could be a few things

1) its been quite a while since youve been texting, last summer and nothing has happened to maybe he doesnt realise how you feel about him, or think its going no where ( hasnt realised perhaps he needs to go for it, or is unsure of his feelings or doesnt want to)

2) his freinds know how you feel/ his feelings, perhaps thought of starting something off by telling you stuff which might be an exageration

3) hes into you and purely just shy and **** with texting
Reply 37

Depends on the guy. If the guy is just average and isn't super popular or anything then at student age he's not gonna say no... Most male teenagers are pretty desperate :tongue:... There are some pretty ugly girls in my year who have absolutely no problem with guys
Reply 38
Original post by xBxx

ah, i think i know what he is trying to do, my suspect he likes you because i do that to a girl, i text her irregularly (like sometime twice a week and sometime once 2 week) and doesn't reply when she text me, this is to keep interest someone have in you by sudden text and not replying when you know they are calling for you.

Or maybe he is just very best, like i am for the past few week for exams/etc. therefore cba carrying out my plan.
Reply 39
Original post by ak9779
Depends on the guy. If the guy is just average and isn't super popular or anything then at student age he's not gonna say no... Most male teenagers are pretty desperate :tongue:... There are some pretty ugly girls in my year who have absolutely no problem with guys

this is so true that it is laughable/ i must say is the same with girls as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending