The Student Room Group

Girls, would you EVER date a foreign man?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I definitely would, it could be more interesting than someone from my own country and I'd get to practice/learn about another culture & language!
Reply 61
Original post by Future African game vet
HA, seriously? Anyway, all my foreign friends say Northern is more easy to understand because we pronounce things more as they are spelt. :cool:

They might find it easier to understand but in my opinion I still think that a geordie accent makes people sound like they are illiterate but then again I live in a ****ty village where the population fails to exceed 100 and most of them are over 60's.
Original post by GreenEyedGal
I voted no because the question is very misleading. Nearly all girls would date a foreign man. However most would not date an Indian, Somali or Pakistan etc. I would date foreign men but when women think of foreign men they think French, Italian, Spanish, not Indian, Nigerian or Chinese.

The op should be more specific.

I'm just wondering why there are so many young single moms here in UK????:rolleyes:
And what's wrong with chinese??????? why a girl can't date a foreign man from china??? why you make chinese sound like a terrorist or something??
(edited 13 years ago)
a lot of foreign guys get extra sexiness points for being foreign!
I doubt there are many girls who would date Somalians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Indians or Nigerians etc. So it would be more pertinant to divide them into more specific groups such as Europeans, Asians, Africans etc.
All of them are foreign however, most women would date a french or dutch guy, however most women (not all of the mind you) would not date an Indian guy.

so what's wrong with singaporeans???? you are not physically attracted to them or you just generally discriminate them??? You are just saying your personal opinion and it is NOT opinions from girls in general....it's fine if you don't like them but please don't say 'a lot of girls, many girls...' to try to make the majority have the same opinion with you.
Never.

... oh wait I forgot, I'm foreign.
Original post by effofex
How come? I have plenty of Singaporean friends and they appear to date people from all over the world but I'm not sure if any have ever shown any intent of dating a British female.

THIS IS SO TRUE, NO BRITISH FEMALE OR ENGLISH SPEAKING FEMALE IN GENERAL, I DON'T KNOW WHY:confused: But it is ok since british female doesn't really belong to the best looking group in comparison to other european girls:cool:
The press has no negative opinion on any nationality. It has more to do with physical attraction and cultural attraction. I have never heard of the media having negative opinions about one specific nationality, even from the Daily Mail.

The underlying fact is that the vast majority of women want White european/Western boyfriends, mixed race couples whilst having increased are still pretty rare, as most British/European girls I know (and I have lived in many European countries) simply want a white boyfriend. A British born Indian or Pakistani etc. will have more chance than an Indian/ Pakistani born person. I think South Asian culture is a turn off. I have had this discussion with many of my girlfriend and the general concensus is 'why would I go for an Nigerian or Pakistani guy if I could simply get a white guy'. If girls were nearly as attracted to Indian, Pakistani, nigerian men as they are with white men, then there would be far more multi racial couples. I think most of the posts on this forum pretty much sum this up.

I'm sure THIS IS NOT TRUE AT LEAST FOR FRENCH GIRLS!!! They like Japanese, Chinese and other oriental nations. I used to date one french girl and I asked her about this!

You are just saying you and your friends that little british or (other english speaking countries) circle's opinions, but never mind it won't be fun to date a girl like you. You are the perfect definition of racist!!
It is not that girls find coloured faces ugly or intimidating. Its just that the majority of women simply more attracted to white guys. But in context to the question. I think cultural attraction is also very important. Other European cultures can be very attractive, whilst non European cultures are not really.

OH please, stop, you are a racist does not mean majority of girls are racists. You only know europe DOES NOT MEAN MAJORITY GIRLS are LIKE THAT, for god sake.. just stop, stop embarrassing yourself. A lot of my friends, English, French, ... DON'T LIKE BRITISH GIRLS, THEY GO FOR ASIAN GIRLS, they think asian girls are more exotic than a girl like you:cool:
Reply 69
Trust me they sooo would, they say they like me but i think they're just after my big penis!
Reply 70
Have dated a Somali and have no complaints regarding his nationality whatsoever! He does however speak English perfectly and dresses like any other westerner.
Reply 71
In theory i would, but it would depend on the nationality. I am very attracted to Europeans (Eastern Europeans and Southern Europeans especially, as well as [obviously] British and Irish), yet less so to Asian/Black guys. There's no underlying reason for this, just my personal preference. There are some Asian and Black guys i find attractive, but i must admit that i would be less likely to date a man actually from Asia or Africa than someone born here from an Indian or African background-generally due to cultural differences and, to an extent, social stigma.
As long as there wasn't a culture clash- been there, done that.
Im liking the comments on this thread :colondollar:
My boyfriend is 1/4 Italian... and possibly partially Israeli... That counts, right? :biggrin:
Reply 75
Original post by effofex
Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?

I have done, I would do again. Then again, I'm of dual herritage, my grandparents were foreign, so maybe I'm more sympathetic to the issue? :dontknow:

Social ostracsim? It does happen but the people who do it aren't worth anyone's time. I'm white and I got called all sorts for dating outside my race, but it wouldn't stop me, I'll date who I want to. Also, foreign men are sexy. :wink:
Reply 76
I doubt there are many girls who would date Somalians, Singaporeans, Samoans, Indians or Nigerians etc. So it would be more pertinant to divide them into more specific groups such as Europeans, Asians, Africans etc.
All of them are foreign however, most women would date a french or dutch guy, however most women (not all of the mind you) would not date an Indian guy.

Why? :s-smilie: I would.
Original post by TexasHold'emMan
OH please, stop, you are a racist does not mean majority of girls are racists. You only know europe DOES NOT MEAN MAJORITY GIRLS are LIKE THAT, for god sake.. just stop, stop embarrassing yourself. A lot of my friends, English, French, ... DON'T LIKE BRITISH GIRLS, THEY GO FOR ASIAN GIRLS, they think asian girls are more exotic than a girl like you:cool:

Thats simply a lie and you know it.
Original post by TexasHold'emMan
so what's wrong with singaporeans???? you are not physically attracted to them or you just generally discriminate them??? You are just saying your personal opinion and it is NOT opinions from girls in general....it's fine if you don't like them but please don't say 'a lot of girls, many girls...' to try to make the majority have the same opinion with you.

Oriental men are the least attractive to white women. This is actually fact and it is well documented in the media etc. All of my white friends and all the white women I know are least attracted to oriental men and most attracted to white men.
Reply 79
French men all the way, woo. I am in love with this French actor called Jean-Baptiste Maunier, he is gorgeous :heart::heart:

German guys are also quite sexy :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending