The Student Room Group

Would you find someone who speaks 16 languages attractive or a geek?

Scroll to see replies

It's hardly attractive. Impressive yes but attractive it is not. That's like saying "Do you find it attractive that I look at trees"
Reply 41
Original post by jismith1989
I'd call you a liar and ask you to stop promoting your shoddy website on our forum.

It's a pretty good website. I doubt the person who wrote the website writes these posts. Could be wrong, of course.
Reply 42
Learning Languages =/= Clever

Yes, clever linguistically, but in any other sense? Nope.
Reply 43
If you mean know how to say ' hi, yes, no, and bye' in 16 languages I'd think 'good for you :|' if you mean fluently I'd think you were chatting s***.
:perv:

:awesome:
Reply 45
You'd be a fecking spy.

From Bond films, I know that this = poon.
I wouldn't be attracted I'd think 'boring geek!'. Sure there are super clever people out there who spend all their time studying but I have no interest in them. A girl who spoke 16 languages probably would be a real drag to hang out with.
Enter flavour of the month trolling. If you're going to do it, don't bother making a stupid ass account. Just do it on your normal one.
Original post by Cicerao
It's a pretty good website. I doubt the person who wrote the website writes these posts. Could be wrong, of course.
It's a well designed website, but it's just like all the other "get rich quick", "lose weight fast" e-book-selling sites. The video is a slick bit of marketing, but anyone can learn a script, however many languages it's in; it proves nothing about the efficacy of the product he's flogging. He's a slick marketeer and I wish him well, but he's not offering an innovative system or even a rigorous methodology. He's trying to shift a product, and at that he'll probably do well -- even without using TSR as free advertising.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 49
I would think he had no home, and no place to call home. Languages are a means to communication, so learning sixteen of them, so you could talk about 15 of them in one, seems pointless.
I only understand english so i dont really give a ****
Reply 51
Is that even possible??
If they seem to have a normal life and it just comes out that they happen to speak 16 languages, then I think that'd be amazing and quite attractive...only thing is I can't picture them NOT being a geek having learnt so many. I think three to six is super hot (and I mean one language per country not six sub-languages from one)
Reply 53
Original post by No Man
If you mean know how to say ' hi, yes, no, and bye' in 16 languages I'd think 'good for you :|' if you mean fluently I'd think you were chatting s***.

I'm talking about someone who is fully fluent in 16 languages.
Original post by language_man
I'm talking about someone who is fully fluent in 16 languages.

Which ones? If they're all really similar its less impressive.
Meh, who even cares?
Reply 56
Original post by History-Student
Which ones? If they're all really similar its less impressive.

Ok, for the sake of this thread, let's say the person was fully fluent in English, Scottish Gaelic, Welsh, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi/Urdu, Persian/Farsi, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Portugese, French and Esperanto.

I'm not asking people whether this is possible, nor is this about me currently, so don't reply with those comments....I'm just curious as to whether you'd find a person who could speak all those languages fully fluently attractive or not?
Reply 57
my ex spoke 9, it wasn't what i'd call an "attractive", trait but it was certainly impressive
Dunno but European girls (non British) are just so fineee :sogood:
Reply 59
I'd feel massively inferior?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending