The Student Room Group

Done something really bad

OK, so i have done something really really bad and stupid. Should i tell my brother and risk him hating me forever or indirectly pay him back. It's the type of thing i wonder if i should ever tell anyone.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't be so vague, you are anonymous here. Just spill it so we can give real advice.
Reply 2
yea provide us with details!
Reply 3
It's OK Lennie, George will understand!
Reply 4
So i set up my brothers laptop he doesn't know his email, so i put one of my alternate emails down to set up the internet security. It was a stupid hour in the morning and i wasn't really paying attention, at the same time my mum asked me to order her stuff online so i stopped doing my bros internet and done the thing for my mum. So i was up all night studing went to be like 3 and i set up my bros laptop, and done my mums shopping and went back to bed. Because it was so early i went back to sleep and i thought i had downloaded the internet security but i had just set up the account.So incidently his laptop got a virus and i don't want him to hate me, so i was thinking that maybe i should never tell him and just pay for the repairs or a new laptop, indirectly. that is not asking my mum for the sky bill that comes out of my account so she keeps the money and can spend it on the lapptop.
Reply 5
Christ that's not such a big deal. Take it to someone who can fix it and pay them. Whether you tell your brother about it or not, your problem will be solved unless this is some kind of super virus that actually annihilated his machine, in which case it would be obvious to him what had happened anyway.
Reply 6
Original post by Blueflare
Christ that's not such a big deal. Take it to someone who can fix it and pay them. Whether you tell your brother about it or not, your problem will be solved unless this is some kind of super virus that actually annihilated his machine, in which case it would be obvious to him what had happened anyway.

Thats the thing because i always do these things and do it right if i tell them that i did the internet right then they will believe, btw i can't just take the laptop and leave the house my whole family are just angry at mcafee. And i tell them they might never trust me again.
Reply 7
you should just go to the police and tell them you lock you up now.
:troll: ???
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Thats the thing because i always do these things and do it right if i tell them that i did the internet right then they will believe, btw i can't just take the laptop and leave the house my whole family are just angry at mcafee. And i tell them they might never trust me again.

It's just a small mistake, the kind of thing that could happen to anyone.
Either you're making way too big of a deal of this or your family imposes absurdly high standards on you.
Reply 10
Original post by Casshern1456
:troll: ???

How is this reminisent of trolling at all, i didn't download the internet security and my brother has got a virus on his laptop. I would imagine if someone done this to me i would be pretty pissed, and i would never let them touch my stuff again, and i don't want hhim to feel that way about me.
How is this reminisent of trolling at all, i didn't download the internet security and my brother has got a virus on his laptop. I would imagine if someone done this to me i would be pretty pissed, and i would never let them touch my stuff again, and i don't want hhim to feel that way about me.

it's hardly the worst thing that could happen to your bro. I'm sure he has more things to think about than finding 2 minutes of his time to download an anti-virus or spamware.

They already know that you've got everything else right with whatever you have done with their computers.

If you admit that you made this one mistake then it's not as if they're not going to trust you. Especially if you told them you did it while you were tired in the middle of the night.

We all make mistakes. It's part of being human beings.
Reply 14
Original post by Blueflare
It's just a small mistake, the kind of thing that could happen to anyone.
Either you're making way too big of a deal of this or your family imposes absurdly high standards on you.

My mum has asked me for a house and that brother wants a car, they obviously know i want to start up my own business and i am confident that i can be very successful (i am learning to speak languages because i know what countriess i want to work in); and i have never messed up anything before, its great that they believe in me but if i tell them they will have zero confidence in me if i tell them. Would i be lying if i just went along with it.
Reply 15
Original post by Don'tNod
It's OK Lennie, George will understand!

Haha +1
Reply 16
Original post by Casshern1456
it's hardly the worst thing that could happen to your bro. I'm sure he has more things to think about than finding 2 minutes of his time to download an anti-virus or spamware.

My brother has severe learning difficulties so he used his laptop for a lot of things that i wouldn't, the second part makes no sense btw its at the point where nothing works so i can't download the security.
Reply 17
Original post by AidanLunn
They already know that you've got everything else right with whatever you have done with their computers.

If you admit that you made this one mistake then it's not as if they're not going to trust you. Especially if you told them you did it while you were tired in the middle of the night.

We all make mistakes. It's part of being human beings.

But it was an expensive laptop and he has wanted it for ages and i have ruined it he has been miserable all day, and he has been let down a lot and i am the only person who has never let him down...until now.
Reply 18
Original post by Extricated

Why would you think i am trolling this is a very possible situation?
But it was an expensive laptop and he has wanted it for ages and i have ruined it he has been miserable all day, and he has been let down a lot and i am the only person who has never let him down...until now.

Download this
otherwise use system restore in windows safe mode that will fix your laptap just the way it was before the laptop got a virus.
You can sort this mess out tonight!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending