The Student Room Group

So what age would you like to get married then? If at all...

There's another thread going at the moment about where you see yourself when you're 25, and lots of people seem surprised/scared that some people see themselves married (and maybe with kids)!

I always thought 25 was quite a fair age to get married; it's the age I'd like to be when I get married...

So just wondering really, what age do you guys think would be appropriate to settle down and get married?

Do you even want to get married at some point in your life? Yes, no? Why, why not?

Scroll to see replies

Don't know right now. Might just stay single forever if I break up with my gf. Cba. Too much effort.
Reply 2
Well, at the soonest after graduating and holding down a job and deposit on a house and having bought my own car.
(edited 13 years ago)
By 30 I think.

but tbh, I don't want to think about it yet.
Reply 4
25, when I have finished my degree and hopefully have a graduate job :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah I was thinking 25-ish too, maybe a bit later depending on when I finish uni and start a career. I wouldn't mind getting married once I've really tied down a job .
Reply 6
30. I want to get famous first...
Reply 7
marriage = lifes over
Reply 8
never :smile: don't really believe in marriage at the moment. and cba with kids either!
Reply 10
Original post by blestrange_
never :smile: don't really believe in marriage at the moment. and cba with kids either!

What do you mean "don't believe" in it?
Reply 11
Never. There is virtually no upside.

Anything that can be got from a marriage can be got outside a marriage more easily/readily/cheaply.
Reply 12
25-ish would be great if I meet the love of my life at uni.
Reply 13
I'm thinking 25, but then I would like to start a family at around 25 too. I'd also like to be with my husband for a little while before starting a family though. Oh dear there's so little time. :woo:

24 then? :erm:
Reply 14
Original post by miss_p
There's another thread going at the moment about where you see yourself when you're 25, and lots of people seem surprised/scared that some people see themselves married (and maybe with kids)!

I always thought 25 was quite a fair age to get married; it's the age I'd like to be when I get married...

So just wondering really, what age do you guys think would be appropriate to settle down and get married?

Do you even want to get married at some point in your life? Yes, no? Why, why not?

Marriage is a definite yes. Kids are a definite no. I don't know when I'd like to get married, it depends on your situation though I guess.
Reply 15
In my fantasy world, I wouldn't mind getting married now (at 22) however the earliest I think I realistically I can do it is at 26
Reply 16
40+ if ever.
Reply 17
As soon as we can afford to after I qualify basically.
2014 onwards.. Which makes me 23+
Kids a few years after/shortly after if it takes a while to get married. But definitely at least 1 before I'm 30!
Reply 18
thats if any of us get off TSR to find someone to marry....
Reply 19
20/21!
i'd say 23 is too old for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending