The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HerRoyalHighness
so tomorrow is the day of the dreaded colposcopy. If all goes well, will be a massive weight off my shoulders.

I am well, still not looking very pregnant at 17 weeks today! And baby moving about.

BP-Hope Gareth recovers and again ditto im glad it happened afterwards. Girls look soo lovely and you looked beautiful.

PMP-all these teeth will be breaking your kitty! HAHA

Tufts-wow a boy-Congratulations!

I know lol she lost her third one this evening. I can see the moths starting to fly out of my wallet haha.
I am afraid I had to share this with you as I found it so hilarious. My daughter has clearly been watching too many baby programmes with me, because today she came up to me today (see picture to understand) and said very seriously "baby coming". and by the picture, its a breech delivery haha. Midwife in the making at nearly 3?!
where are you guys? X
Balloon: You looked stunning from the pictures I've seen on facebook. Glad you had a fab day :biggrin: Poor Gareth!

PMP: Empty purse for the next week or so.

Tufts: Congratualtions :biggrin:

HRH: When will you find out your results? Aww Ella is so cute.

I don't really have any news. Had an hospital appointment on Wednesday to book in, get scan dates through post. Also have to go back 25th January to arrange the date of C section.

I know PMP Co sleeps but is there anyone else that can also offer advise? Tamzin hates sleeping alone and will be up and down all night for "snuggles". During day we lie on couch with her on top of us, but in all honestly I petrified of having her in bed with us. We've got a safety bar so she can't roll out, not that she's rolling much too lazy!. My main fear is that she'll suffocate under the duvet, which is a standard 13.5 tog.

ETA: All I see from online sites is "SIDS" which to be honestly scares the living daylights out of me. But haven't people been co sleeping with children for years?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dream_Catcher

I know PMP Co sleeps

well, I did...with Alex and Jason until each were 19 months. I'm glad to have my bed back now though tbh.
Balloon: You looked stunning from the pictures I've seen on facebook. Glad you had a fab day :biggrin: Poor Gareth!

I don't really have any news. Had an hospital appointment on Wednesday to book in, get scan dates through post. Also have to go back 25th January to arrange the date of C section.

I know PMP Co sleeps but is there anyone else that can also offer advise? Tamzin hates sleeping alone and will be up and down all night for "snuggles". During day we lie on couch with her on top of us, but in all honestly I petrified of having her in bed with us. We've got a safety bar so she can't roll out, not that she's rolling much too lazy!. My main fear is that she'll suffocate under the duvet, which is a standard 13.5 tog.

OMG I didnt know you were pregnant! congrats! When are you due? Wow your brave having them close together. I guess with 2 previous sections, you have no choice this time. I am trying for VBAC this time fingers crossed! My results for colposcopy should be out this week in post. We have my scan in 2 weeks so excited! No babies this time, already planning for dave to have the snip. ive so much i want to do and achieve in my life in the next 5 years now the family is complete. pregnancy is alot tougher this time prob due to my BMI of 39 which i am deeply ashamed off, it makes pregnancy very hard work.
[QUOTE="HerRoyalHighness;34496161"]

OMG I didnt know you were pregnant! congrats! When are you due? Wow your brave having them close together. I guess with 2 previous sections, you have no choice this time. I am trying for VBAC this time fingers crossed! My results for colposcopy should be out this week in post. We have my scan in 2 weeks so excited! No babies this time, already planning for dave to have the snip. ive so much i want to do and achieve in my life in the next 5 years now the family is complete. pregnancy is alot tougher this time prob due to my BMI of 39 which i am deeply ashamed off, it makes pregnancy very hard work.

You shouldn't be ashamed :smile:
Are you stopping at 2?
Mine you, my aunty said that, and ended up having 4 hehe! :smile:
When do you find out whether yours is girl or boy?

My friends due in 2 weeks, we're all excited, I was her bridesmaid and am really close to her and her sister.
^My mums cousin wanted a little girl, and after the 2nd boy decided that she would try one more time. Had triplets, all boys!
I feel that our family is complete at least for the next 5 years or so. I have wanted to return to Uni and train to become a Midwife for a long while. Last year I applied and we agreed if I did not get in we would then have our 2nd child. I now hope to get a bit more healthcare experience and hopefully shadow a independant midwife when I have had the baby to get the experience that I didnt have last time (problem is here I am restricted to one Uni). I am only 24, we dont really want him to have the snipe lol but equally it will be in reality about 7 years before and if I think of another one. I want to do this so much and equally thinking about the future, im not far of 30 and we are not on the property market and really have career wise very little to my name.
About the BMI-I used to be a size 8 and very fit until I was 19. I feel so angry i let myself go and wish no end I had sorted myself out. It embarrasses me-I shop for clothes to cover me up not for looking good. I dont feel healthy like this, and it is my no 1 ambition to get sorted when i have had baby.
Reply 629
I feel that our family is complete at least for the next 5 years or so. I have wanted to return to Uni and train to become a Midwife for a long while. Last year I applied and we agreed if I did not get in we would then have our 2nd child. I now hope to get a bit more healthcare experience and hopefully shadow a independant midwife when I have had the baby to get the experience that I didnt have last time (problem is here I am restricted to one Uni). I am only 24, we dont really want him to have the snipe lol but equally it will be in reality about 7 years before and if I think of another one. I want to do this so much and equally thinking about the future, im not far of 30 and we are not on the property market and really have career wise very little to my name.
About the BMI-I used to be a size 8 and very fit until I was 19. I feel so angry i let myself go and wish no end I had sorted myself out. It embarrasses me-I shop for clothes to cover me up not for looking good. I dont feel healthy like this, and it is my no 1 ambition to get sorted when i have had baby.

Reading all your aims for your future and yourself makes me very happy : ) Seems like you have a plan!
Original post by Sephrenia
^My mums cousin wanted a little girl, and after the 2nd boy decided that she would try one more time. Had triplets, all boys!

Happened to my Mum too, wanted one more and ended up with twins. This is why I don't want 'one more' hehe :tongue:

HRH: It's good to have a life plan, I have mine and am nearly achieving the one of the main things on it, it's something to keep you focused when times are tough. Oh and I recommend Slimming World for the weight loss, it's really good to keep you motivated, yeah it's £5 a week but it really is worth it! I bet you're so excited about number 2!

I'm so looking forward to half term! This course is SO draining!
Work has been so busy lately, loads of things to do and left short handed due to a headcount freeze.

2nd week I'm based permanently in Zurich, never realized just how boring it is here, so wish the family is based here as well, but oh well.

Have started on a 1200cal diet, need to lose 8kg to be at upper level of ideal weight. Low carbs, low sugar and low salt diet. Hitting the gym on a daily basis... thankfully the gym is located within walking distance of my office, generally means I could hit the gym after work and then head home.

Life plans...... well it is never too late to start having one, just make sure it isn't set in stone. Take it from someone who made plenty of life-plans and if you look at the life plan I made at 21, hardly any of it went according to plan, some for the better and some took a rather bad turn....but oh well.

In regard to career, especially if it involves re-education you will need to be realistic about it as to whether age will be a detrimental factor.. make sure you investigate it thoroughly to ensure the one you are planning to go into isn't one of them otherwise you will eventually have thrown out some good years over a bad cause. In many fields this is only going to get worse in time to come especially in the near term.
Sorry to just barge in,
but I'm doing a product design project at uni, and I'm struggling to get people to take my survey because I don't know many people with young children.
If you wouldn't mind sparing 5 mins, could you take it please?
It's just a few pretty simple questions about your baby/child's nightlight.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NKJ9HCJ

Thank you!
Original post by Popppppy
Sorry to just barge in,
but I'm doing a product design project at uni, and I'm struggling to get people to take my survey because I don't know many people with young children.

Thank you!

Done :smile:
Milly is potty trained, woohoo! :smile:
wahey way to go bp!

Poppy I did your survey.

Do I have anything to tell? Not really. Jason has gone really picky with eating food now, it's doing my head in.
Ah no Jason! Do you think it's just a phase?

What are the kids doing for Halloween. I'm hosting a mini-party, think I am mad! Then bridal fayre on Sunday (modelling my dress :s-smilie: ) and huge presentation at uni on Monday, I need to learn to not to say yes to everything!

Hope everyone and the children are well !
I hope it's just a phase!

A mini-party sounds like fun. I'm just gonna be taking mine out trick-or-treating, that's all, nowt special.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
wahey way to go bp!

Poppy I did your survey.

Do I have anything to tell? Not really. Jason has gone really picky with eating food now, it's doing my head in.

Yes? What does he like and don't like then?
Original post by Popppppy
Sorry to just barge in,

Thank you!

Done... do share once the finished product rolls out.

Quick Reply

Latest