The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Herr
hopefully not too much as my bank account is small enough as it is.

*cough, choke, splutter*. Oh to be as poor as you lol.

Well not much in the way of news here - nothing particularly child related anyway. Dog has the runs but that's not exactly a P&P topic lol.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206024_193050840821752_2085684361_n.jpg

So I'm thinking I need to get Jason to the hairdresser at some point soon. Either that or change his name to Josephine I suppose.
Reply 882
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206024_193050840821752_2085684361_n.jpg

So I'm thinking I need to get Jason to the hairdresser at some point soon. Either that or change his name to Josephine I suppose.

My teens have got hair that long too.However, they point blank refuse to go to the barbers to get it cut!!.
Reply 883
Sometimes the more you say you don't want to have anything to do with kids, the more they come to you. Previously since Katrina was 5 I've had an agreement with her mother that every 5 years I give her a new car and that's child maintenance and support for 5 years paid upfront, I didn't want to have anything to do with anything else as I had my work that required a lot of travelling then, decided was better that way. Had an automatic renewal of that deal 5 years ago, but now the mother doesn't want to renew that deal or give out a similar deal as she feels she had sacrificed enough and gave me a good deal for too long for the arrangement to continue. Fair enough I suppose as she herself wants to go to uni and has 4 other young kids and a marriage to look after. Now she is asking that either Katrina goes to stay with me or I could pay for a boarding school.

Katrina, she is a mirror image of my mum, though sadly she lacks the industriousness and work ethnic my mum is rather well known for. I'm quite disappointed that at 16 she never even made a CV or worked a day in her life or has any savings. When I was her age, I had long since been working for my mum and had plenty of savings on my own... even Emilie at 5 can save money. Her mother claims she does plenty around the house and often helps to look after the younger siblings so it is excusable that she never had any employment.... I just don't find this to be an acceptable excuse.

Katrina doesn't want to go to a boarding school though or so she says, she is quite interested to know who her grandparents are plus who I am. She is quite angry at me though that my parents don't know of her existence or that I hadn't made any attempts to establish anything with her. I told her she most likely will be sent to boarding school as it wasn't feasible for me to move to Britain, she thinks she might like it very much to live in Switzerland. Not sure if I like this idea all that much. My OH thinks I should just let her come live with us in Switzerland and told me I should sacrifice my study in the house and make it into a bedroom for her. She also thinks its despicable I'd consider sending her to a boarding school and started the oh typical you and only you would think of such solutions. I should have told my OH, yeah that's exactly what's going to happen when she has a kid too, am going to send that brat to a boarding school :devil: :biggrin: Anyway Katrina will visit us next weekend in Switzerland.

This morning was on telephone call with home, checking to see how the kids were. LOL first thing Emilie asked me was how come I've still not given my OH money to pay out pocket money and savings. I told her I would pay it out on Sunday night when I got home, LOL she started on on how when you are late with bills the bank gives a late fee, she is rather serious in charging me a late fee LOL. Sometimes when I think back on the times when I was 5, I can still somewhat recall I wasn't exactly too different.

Matthias is teething again and has gotten on to biting anything he can get into his mouth. My OH refuses to use a crib for him when he is awake as she wants to follow the new Montessori system where they don't put them in confined spaces but instead let the baby be free to move about.

What a miserable weekend it is in Birmingham, it's been so rainy and cold here. Believe it or not I actually arrived in Britain without a rain jacket or any warm clothes. Was supposed to go for a golf game this morning but instead have been stuck in the hotel.

Hope everyone is doing fine and not affected too much with the ongoing crap weather.
I'll be honest Herr, I don't know what to say to some of the things you post sometimes. How do I even begin to respond to the fact that you relish in being an absent father? It's just not something I can even conceive of.

As for the weather, it's awful and I wish we could actually have a decent summer.
Oh my, guys! Can you believe that I am finally a qualified teacher! It's taken me nearly 6 years to get to this point and I am so flipping pleased! It just shows that getting pregnant at uni is not the end of the world and whilst it is more difficult, involves lots of hard work, determination and sacrifice... it can be done! Woohoo!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by balloon_parade
Oh my, guys! Can you beleive that I am finally a qualified teacher! It's taken me nearly 6 years to get to this point and I am so flipping pleased! It just shows that getting pregnant at uni is not the end of the world and whilst it is more difficult, involves lots of hard work, determination and sacrifice... it can be done! Woohoo!

Excellent news Balloon_Parade
Oh my, guys! Can you believe that I am finally a qualified teacher! It's taken me nearly 6 years to get to this point and I am so flipping pleased! It just shows that getting pregnant at uni is not the end of the world and whilst it is more difficult, involves lots of hard work, determination and sacrifice... it can be done! Woohoo!

fantastic news hun, congratulations! xx
fantastic news hun, congratulations! xx

Thank you! I'm so pleased, there were times I never thought I'd get here so I am so chuffed that little old me managed to achieve such a huge goal. :smile:
Reply 889
How has everyone's Father's Day been?

LOL... though am sure few could believe me saying thing, but I'm quite the happy camper..... I received a chair for my study room that I had been putting off for the last few months. My OH and Emilie assembled it.

Didn't really do much as I was rather tired from all the travelling, OH prepped my favourite redwine lamb stew, baked some bread and made my favourite creme caramel, she invited my parents and granddad over. After dinner, I sat down with Emilie to do something I used to love as a kid.......... started assembling Legos. Emilie has developed a rather weird fixation, she enjoys watching tow-trucks towing cars away. My parents found it rather fascinating as when I was her age that was something I used to enjoy watching as well.

Matthias has taken to the fascination of playing with the car keys and that keyless fobs... of his particular favourite is my OH's Fiat key especially the buttons to unlock the doors. My OH is particularly happy LOL because you could place her Fiat key, a BMW keyless and a Mercedes key side-by-side and he still would choose the Fiat key, she thinks it's because he knows it's hers' and he likes her more than me LOL. Only thing is the moment he takes that key it goes straight into his mouth. Funny thing, according to my mum when I was his age car keys used to be something I would go crazy over......except I used to go after the Mercedes key every time:biggrin:

Haven't quite decided what to do with Katrina yet. My parents insist that she should be brought to Switzerland if that's what she wants. They are quite eager to meet her which they will this weekend. OH is also of the opinion that I should bring her over.... I somehow think a British boarding school is the better option. More than likely I'll let her stay for a month or two and decide for herself what she herself prefers.

Took 2 days off, today and tomorrow. Today spent most of the morning assembling Legos, then I brought Emilie to go stalk tow-trucks to find one towing cars. She was rather happy when we found one truck about to tow one broken down bus, she had lots of questions for the driver of that tow-truck and absolutely made her day when the driver asked if she wanted to sit in the driver seat of that tow truck..... LOL I think the driver must have wished he didn't invite her to get in there as she virtually asked what every single thing in the cab did.
Reply 890

Congratulations and may I welcome you to the world of being a taxpayer :biggrin:
aww Emilie sounds really sweet with her tow-truck obsession. My Alex went through a digger phase. He still quite likes them actually. Oh and cement mixers - both he and Lydia like those actually.

Congratulations! I bet it feels all the sweeter for knowing you worked harder for it too? :smile:

It's been ages since I posted on here, never seem to have anything to post! But we had our 20 week u/s yesterday and...

251797_3917806420003_1044013824_n.jpg
... it's a boy!

I'm still tiny, (here's the proof I think!) and we're calling him George while still debating between Edward and Robert as a middle name. I can't believe how fast it's all going!
Reply 893
Congratulations BP!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by tappyfeet92
Congratulations! I bet it feels all the sweeter for knowing you worked harder for it too? :smile:

It's been ages since I posted on here, never seem to have anything to post! But we had our 20 week u/s yesterday and...

251797_3917806420003_1044013824_n.jpg
... it's a boy!

I'm still tiny, (here's the proof I think!) and we're calling him George while still debating between Edward and Robert as a middle name. I can't believe how fast it's all going!

awww congrats!!!
Original post by Herr
Sometimes the more you say you don't want to have anything to do with kids, the more they come to you. Previously since Katrina was 5 I've had an agreement with her mother that every 5 years I give her a new car and that's child maintenance and support for 5 years paid upfront, I didn't want to have anything to do with anything else as I had my work that required a lot of travelling then, decided was better that way. Had an automatic renewal of that deal 5 years ago, but now the mother doesn't want to renew that deal or give out a similar deal as she feels she had sacrificed enough and gave me a good deal for too long for the arrangement to continue. Fair enough I suppose as she herself wants to go to uni and has 4 other young kids and a marriage to look after. Now she is asking that either Katrina goes to stay with me or I could pay for a boarding school.

Katrina, she is a mirror image of my mum, though sadly she lacks the industriousness and work ethnic my mum is rather well known for. I'm quite disappointed that at 16 she never even made a CV or worked a day in her life or has any savings. When I was her age, I had long since been working for my mum and had plenty of savings on my own... even Emilie at 5 can save money. Her mother claims she does plenty around the house and often helps to look after the younger siblings so it is excusable that she never had any employment.... I just don't find this to be an acceptable excuse.

Katrina doesn't want to go to a boarding school though or so she says, she is quite interested to know who her grandparents are plus who I am. She is quite angry at me though that my parents don't know of her existence or that I hadn't made any attempts to establish anything with her. I told her she most likely will be sent to boarding school as it wasn't feasible for me to move to Britain, she thinks she might like it very much to live in Switzerland. Not sure if I like this idea all that much. My OH thinks I should just let her come live with us in Switzerland and told me I should sacrifice my study in the house and make it into a bedroom for her. She also thinks its despicable I'd consider sending her to a boarding school and started the oh typical you and only you would think of such solutions. I should have told my OH, yeah that's exactly what's going to happen when she has a kid too, am going to send that brat to a boarding school :devil: :biggrin: Anyway Katrina will visit us next weekend in Switzerland.

This morning was on telephone call with home, checking to see how the kids were. LOL first thing Emilie asked me was how come I've still not given my OH money to pay out pocket money and savings. I told her I would pay it out on Sunday night when I got home, LOL she started on on how when you are late with bills the bank gives a late fee, she is rather serious in charging me a late fee LOL. Sometimes when I think back on the times when I was 5, I can still somewhat recall I wasn't exactly too different.

Matthias is teething again and has gotten on to biting anything he can get into his mouth. My OH refuses to use a crib for him when he is awake as she wants to follow the new Montessori system where they don't put them in confined spaces but instead let the baby be free to move about.

What a miserable weekend it is in Birmingham, it's been so rainy and cold here. Believe it or not I actually arrived in Britain without a rain jacket or any warm clothes. Was supposed to go for a golf game this morning but instead have been stuck in the hotel.

Hope everyone is doing fine and not affected too much with the ongoing crap weather.

I'm going to be completely honest, it's very unfounded for you to be suprized that a child which you haven't brought hasn't turned out anything like you. I would also be very cautious bringing a child into the house which her mother wants out the house/ in anther country. The younger two sound very cute. #Anon
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to be completely honest, it's very unfounded for you to be suprized that a child which you haven't brought hasn't turned out anything like you. I would also be very cautious bringing a child into the house which her mother wants out the house/ in anther country. The younger two sound very cute. #Anon

Feel free to ignore this, i'm sure there is a lot that i don't know.
Reply 897
aww Emilie sounds really sweet with her tow-truck obsession. My Alex went through a digger phase. He still quite likes them actually. Oh and cement mixers - both he and Lydia like those actually.

After the tow-truck obsession she also has an obsession with those car-carrier lorries.

Now that the playgroup is done for the year she follows my parents everyday to their car dealership where there is a play area for kids but she normally hangs around my mum at her office or among the sales staff.

Yesterday at the car dealership where several of those lorries were loading and unloading cars she went up to one of the drivers and started interrogating. Made her day when the driver asked her if she wanted to go for a ride in the lorry. The highlight of the ride was to use the airhorn several times and activating the parking brake.

It's interesting it seems quite a lot of kids goes through phases of heavy motor vehicles/machinery, know quite a few who has kids who are into big lorries.

Yay..... it's finally the weekend here... I hate short weeks as I always feel more tired than a full week. This weekend Katrina is visiting, she arrives later this evening and will remain till Wednesday. Haven't quite decided what to do while she is here yet as I do need to complete a coursework which is due on Monday and have an exam to sit on Wednesday. I guess we will be having something nice for dinner today. Saturday, my parents are organizing a Toyota Prius vs Chevrolet Volt/Opel Ampera competition where owners of such cars fill up their tanks as well as charge up their batteries and leave from a point in Zurich to a mountain resort 100km away, there is going to be a treasure hunt at the resort and then head back to the starting point, winner of the competition will be the car that used the least amount of petrol. OH is going to be one of those driving the Chevrolet Volt, she said she wants to bring the 2 kids with her and will ask Katrina to join them. If she doesn't join them then I'll probably bring her a city tour and take her on a lake and river cruise.

Sunday it is my OH's mama is having her birthday. We are doing a BBQ, I need to buy the meat and vegetables that's going on the grill later today. It's going to be interesting as I'm bringing Matthias along and believe it or not I've yet to go grocery shopping alone with just him yet. I doubt much else will happen on Sunday.

Monday as I slave away, OH is bringing Katrina to go see schools for September, Tuesday my parents want her at their dealership, presumably they are going to put her to contribute some labour :tongue:

What's everyone up to for the weekend?
Reply 898
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. Yes it is indeed something I have kept in mind. Definitely not going to put the younger 2 at risk as a result..

I guess somethings just don't get inherited with regard to monies and work-ethos eh?
Hello everyone how are you all! Sorry Ive not been around, I really must remember to come on here more.Owen is now 15 weeks old and doing very well, weighed in at 12lbs today. Ella is also doing well and talking lots now. We have just ordered a trampoline with enclosure, she loves them round her friends so I cant wait to see her face when she sees it. If you have not already added me on facebook, its [email protected],tell me who you are when you add me x

Quick Reply

Latest