The Student Room Group

Guys, would you reject an unattractive girl if she tried to talk to you?

Scroll to see replies

i wouldnt date someone i had no attraction to - but i certainly wouldnt have a problem with being friends with her
Hey if she isn't screaming at me/berating me then no way. Why be a jerk, strike up a conversation about anything. Its always nice when someone you haven't met before speaks to you and you hit it off and you can become friends.

I wish the lady who came to me when i was in the Library wasn't from America. She saw me wearing my favorite jersey and we came over and had a 2 hour chat about the team and such. Sigh i shoulda put a ring on it...
Reply 22
If an ugly girl came up to hit on me i'd deck her one, the cheeky mare!
Original post by Anonymous
Will he even want to be my friend though? I've always thought guys only wanted to be friends with girls if they were attractive ... because then they'd have more chance of getting with them

I'm friends with guys who don't find me attractive it's no different to having female friends because you're friends with them as you have common interests and get along together :smile:.

If I were you I would just try talk to him, if you like him he must be quite nice to start with so I doubt he would reject you. If he does reject you completely (highly unlikely) then would you really want to be with someone like him anyway even as a friend? I think most people will try to be friendly towards anyone that starts a conversation with them. I would rather be rejected than regret not talking to someone because with the latter you will never know what would have happened.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
i judge people by their personality , not looks. Personality> looks
Reply 25
Pie her off and put her in the friend zone ,

Try and find out if she has attractive friends
Reply 26
I only reject people based on their personality and it takes a really bad one for me to avoid them. As the old saying goes, beauty is skin-deep, it's all about what's on the inside. Don't forget, everyone ends up looking like a shriveled prune in the end :colondollar:
Reply 27
I love talking so probably not unless I knew she had a bad attitude, then I'd politely indicate that I have better things to do.

Genuinely, while guys love to banter about girls and what's 'hot' guys, eventually, appreciate a good set of values and principles in a girl. But then I'm old fashioned to assume that by 'reject' you are talking about rejection from something that you intend to be long term rather than a one night stand.

Also- 'attractive' is a very loose term, it's subjective. Everyone has their own preferences and (I will generalise here) good guys will not be misled by the media to believe that attractive is anorexic and slutty.

But that's just my view on things.
I want to know, how would a guy react if a very unattractive girl attempted to talk to him on numerous occasions? Bearing in mind, said guy is nice and quite quiet and in a couple of her classes.

Girl has a slight crush on him, but would definitely just settle for being friends with him if he was willing.

Would you be flattered, would you reciprocate, or would you reject her?
What would you do? Is an unattractive girl completely off limits, even as a friend?

Said girl is quiet and shy herself, doesn't really talk to anyone so it would be obvious she liked him, at least on friendly terms, if she continued trying to talk to him.

If she was eager and seemed enthusiastic when talking to him, is this a total put off?

Honest answers please ... I don't know whether to keep going or give up. I'm guessing most guys wouldn't want anything to do with her....

Wouldn't ignore/reject her, that's just being a dick. Would quite easily become friends.
Reply 29
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
In my experience, some guys do reject a girl who's trying to chat him up, even for friendship. It sucks, but I guess if they do that then it's probably more of a problem with them than with me. Don't worry too much about rejection; if it happens then it does suck at first, but at least you can say you tried and move on. But if you don't try then you'll always wonder "what if?" and might have missed a chance. Good luck :smile:

I always reject every girl that tries chatting to me for whatever reason doesn't mean I have a problem with anything or anyone. :confused:
Reply 30
As you say if it's a nice friendly guy, he will always be polite enough at the very minimum to be friends. Plus why wouldn't you want to be friends with nice people. Slightly different approach if you want to "heat" things up between you two instead of just being friends. And no you wouldn't put anyone off by being enthusiastic unless they are a d*ck. Just go for it and let go off your insecurities. In a long run if nothing works out, you will receive the valuable confidence where you'll be going for your next "target" without posting a thread on TSR. Good luck.
Reply 31
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
I'm friends with guys who don't find me attractive it's no different to having female friends because you're friends with them as you have common interests and get along together :smile:.

If I were you I would just try talk to him, if you like him he must be quite nice to start with so I doubt he would reject you. If he does reject you completely (highly unlikely) then would you really want to be with someone like him anyway even as a friend? I think most people will try to be friendly towards anyone that starts a conversation with them. I would rather be rejected than regret not talking to someone because with the latter you will never know what would have happened.

Don't worry dear I am sure Francisco would find you attractive and that's what matters.
Original post by sissoko46
I always reject every girl that tries chatting to me for whatever reason doesn't mean I have a problem with anything or anyone. :confused:

I guess it depends on the situation and why you reject them. For what reason do you reject all those girls for?
I want to know, how would a guy react if a very unattractive girl attempted to talk to him on numerous occasions? Bearing in mind, said guy is nice and quite quiet and in a couple of her classes.

Girl has a slight crush on him, but would definitely just settle for being friends with him if he was willing.

Would you be flattered, would you reciprocate, or would you reject her?
What would you do? Is an unattractive girl completely off limits, even as a friend?

Said girl is quiet and shy herself, doesn't really talk to anyone so it would be obvious she liked him, at least on friendly terms, if she continued trying to talk to him.

If she was eager and seemed enthusiastic when talking to him, is this a total put off?

Honest answers please ... I don't know whether to keep going or give up. I'm guessing most guys wouldn't want anything to do with her....

I wouldn't want a relationship with a person who I find unattractive, but I would be happy being friends with them.
Reply 34
Original post by py0alb
I make a rule of being friendly to anyone that approaches me. Life is too short to be a ****.

This. good luck!
Original post by S.R
70% of the time they know they are hot and are just fishing for compliments.

Well yeah, but then you get people who have genuine concerns when they have no need to. A lot of the time you can tell if you know them.
I'd actually appreciate it tbh :smile: quite unlikely to get with her but nothing wrong with being friends if that's ok with her. Although I think I'm quite unattactive myself so I don't see how this would ever happen anyway :s-smilie:
Original post by sissoko46
Don't worry dear I am sure Francisco would find you attractive and that's what matters.

Your reply made my day! I have just booked a one way flight to Brazil where I will confess my love to him and then we will live happily ever after.
Reply 38
Original post by silverbolt
i wouldnt date someone i had no attraction to - but i certainly wouldnt have a problem with being friends with her

This
Reply 39
Honestly, if the said nice guy is actually 'nice' he'd talk to the shy girl and be friends with her. I'm quite a shy and (hopefully) a nice guy and that's what I'd do. Also, being too enthusiastic could make it rather obvious that the girl liked him, that could be good or bad, but as long as she doesn't over do it, that's fine. If you are overly keen, a shy guy will get rather uncomfortable, they won't show it though, take that into account. Show that you have a personality, that you're not 'mass produced' like some girls.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending