The Student Room Group

She rejected me, and now doesn't seem to want to be friends.

Scroll to see replies

Ok. Firstly, stop checking what she is doing. It really won't help you. You're hurting yourself for nothing.

Secondly, are you surprised she hasn't replied to you yet? If i had a very close female friend (which i do) who told me she liked me romantically, and i told her i didnt like her back that way, and then she just cut of me off out of everything, it would hurt me. I'd feel like we've gone from being best friends to nothing, and that i'd done nothing wrong.

Give her some space. She cares about you. You don't stop caring about someone you're close to just like that. But she is mad. I'd give it a few weeks and then see what happens.
I imagine she is hurt that her good friend decided to cut her out of his life completely,how would you feel if she turned you down the decided it was best to do the same? You reaction was very very immature.

Secondly it has only been a few days,it will take longer than that for her to forgive you betrayal.

Lastly,why if you knew she wasn't interested would you bother ruining your friendship? You didn't have to do anything.

It all sounds very immature tbh.
Dude stop putting her on a pedestal. You need to move on and realise you don't deserve all this heartache. You might think she is amazing, but trust me she isn't worth all this you're putting yourself through. Have some self respect and move on. You will find someone else soon enough.
Original post by thatrollingstone
Dude stop putting her on a pedestal. You need to move on and realise you don't deserve all this heartache. You might think she is amazing, but trust me she isn't worth all this you're putting yourself through. Have some self respect and move on. You will find someone else soon enough.

100% agreed here mate. Well said.:wink:
Reply 24
Original post by thatrollingstone

Learn to ****ing read - i don't give a **** about her romantically. I want to be friends with her again because she has **** loads of hot friends.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
Learn to ****ing read - i don't give a **** about her romantically. I want to be friends with her again because she has **** loads of hot friends.

Rejection makes one bitter, hm...

:lolwut: Quite clearly this rejection is bothering you even more than I thought.
Reply 27
I would go see her in person, but we're both in Uni and she lives over 60 miles away. If i just turn up at her house one day i'll seem like a complete creep.

SO i read this wrong and thought you said....""I would go see her in prison" you thought you would laugh.
Reply 28
Your brother is full of ****. It is NOT more painful to let her go than to see her with someone else. She has rejected you, so obviously it will hurt at first no matter what you do, but the only way to move on is to cut her off completely. You will forget about her eventually.
There are loads of girls out there you could date, and loads of people you can be friends with.
Cut her off completely and move on with your life. Block her again and do not unblock. Delete her number and the message history.

I think you are in denial at the moment. Take some time away from her to get yourself together and then maybe talk to her in a few weeks time. Trying to get with one of her hot friends isn't going to make you feel any better about the situation. Do you want to make her jealous or something cos that's only going to backfire.
Your brother is wrong. Seeing her with someone else is going to hurt more than cutting her off now.

By still trying to be her friend, your feelings will not disappear. Even if you think that they will.

Then most of us who posted to help you was actually useless. You only want to be friends with her because she has hot friends? My post and all others were useless then. Thats just shameful of what you're doing. :mad: What was the point in asking if you just wanted the hot girls damn you?:angry:
Original post by Millie228
Your brother is full of ****. It is NOT more painful to let her go than to see her with someone else. She has rejected you, so obviously it will hurt at first no matter what you do, but the only way to move on is to cut her off completely. You will forget about her eventually.
There are loads of girls out there you could date, and loads of people you can be friends with.
Cut her off completely and move on with your life. Block her again and do not unblock. Delete her number and the message history.

Cutting off contact completely with someone you have known for ages and are very close to isn't that easy....but i agree he definitely needs some space at the moment.
Original post by Millie228

That last post was from me by the way. Dunno why i made in anonymous :confused:
Original post by sarah.102
I guess you could send her a message on facebook? You'd be able to see if she's read it or not.

You know you can 'mark it as unread' o_o it's the new way to counter stalkers :smile:
Cutting off contact completely with someone you have known for ages and are very close to isn't that easy....but i agree he definitely needs some space at the moment.

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy :wink:
I had a serious crush on a girl i've known for over 3 years. She always new i liked her as more than a friend, but never said anything because she didn't feel the same way. However, i couldn't take it any longer and had to end it one way or the other, so on new years eve, i told her how i felt. She told me she didn't like me at all in that was, but loves me as a friend.
I decided i could never see her again because the thought of her with someone else made me feel sick. I blocked her on facebook and deleted her number, then wrote her an e-mail explaining why. I have literally never felt more down in my life. I felt like i'd been castrated and useless.
Last night i was talking to my brother who had been in a similar situation before, and was told that its "always better to remain as friends. You never know what might happen in the future, and shutting her out is alot more painful than seeing her happy with someone else. If you both have a good friendship, then thats worth more than anything. Just because youre not together, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy each others company."
This convinced me and i decided we should be friends because we are really really good friends - we go to gigs together, festivals, shopping, parties etc... and always have a really good time.
I phoned her that night and left a voicemail saying "i had been stupid and put my ego over happiness. I wanted to be friends with her and was happy that, although we wouldn't be together. Text me if we're still cool." I unblocked her on facebook and sent her a friend request again.
I text her this morning asking if she got my voicemail but had no answer, and even though she has been on facebook since, she has ignored my friend request. I don't think she wants to be friends with me anymore and that hurts more than anything.

What can i do? :/

I wouldn't bother. She's not going to change her mind. I bet it's hard but she obviously doesn't want anything to do with you. It's the harsh reality of women.
Reply 37

Relationships and friendships aren't easy. Finding the right person to spend your life with isn't easy either, it might be the most difficult thing you do your entire life.
Nevertheless, most people aren't finished "developing" until they're in their mid to late twenties. Relationships in your teens are irrelevant, and seem petty in 10 years.
People either inspire you or drain you. If it's the latter, you have to know when to let go. I've cut contact with girlfriends who weren't behaving like real friends and could be jealous and manipulative, even thought I'd been best friends with one of them for 6 years. If a relationship isn't going to work out with a man, whether it's distance, compatibility or betrayal, I will cut contact - completely. I've spent months crying on my bed over it. If it's easy, it wasn't real and you wouldn't respect the relationship anyway.

The girl is not interested in the OP and it couldn't be more clear. Friendzoning himself and staying around her like a puppy will be damaging to everybody.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Tbh, I think she's ignoring you and not replied to your friend request because you have hurt her :/.. I mean she seems to really care about you as a friend and then you saying dont wanna be friends with her anymore, probz really upset her - it can also give impression to her that you said not to be friends with her anymore because she rejected you and that she probz thinking you only was friends with her for all this whole cause you fancied her :/.. I would leave it for a week tbh before trying to contact her again, apologise once more and explain to her why you did this.. If you keep texting her or messaging her, she will just get more annoyed..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IlexBlue
Rejection makes one bitter, hm...

For some reason I read that in Yoda's voice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending