The Student Room Group

Guys name 5 things you look for in a girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5hane
1. Natural Beauty - (Subtly is underrated, tall-ish, fair, long straight dark hair, pretty face, eyes that make you want to stare into them and glaze over, the rest is secondary really.)

2. Down to earth - (None of this twilight super gleaming fantasy man crap + Accepts other people are not flawless)

3. Good sense of humor, relaxed attitude and able to hold her own in a conversation.

4. Nerd/Shy/Indoorsy - (Always better than a clubber + Shared interests)

5. Not a complete whore - (Mostly long term relationships + no history of cheating + honesty)

If anyone knows anyone like that? lol

Unfortunately, and in my experience...

1 regularly conflicts with 5
3 often conflicts with 4

Sad times.
1. Most important to me. Wears minimal make up. I don't mind a bit of lipstick, mascara and/or eyeliner but things like foundation, blusher and other things that I don't know are a bit too much.

2. Isn't taller than me (I'm 5'8).

3. Isn't fat.

4. Beautiful smile.. I really like dimples on a girl.

5. A genuinely sweet girl.
1. Pretty eyes. You can always get guys with pretty eyes

2. Cute smile. And bonus if she smiles often!

3. Big boobs. May as well be honest.

4. Fun nature. Maybe a bit vague, basically someone who doesn't nag, doesn't take offense and is up.for doing things.

5. Sweet nature. Caring and feminine. I don't want a patriarchial relationship, I'm fully behind women's lib, but on a superficial level, I like a girly.

I could have put sane/not bitchy, but that sounds a bit sexist and I guess is a given.
Original post by danielnkwocha
1 - Confidence
2 - Likes comic books + Playing Xbox :biggrin:
3 - Can laugh at terrible jokes
4 - Likes to cuddle
5 - Is attractive and knows it, but isn't cocky

I have simple tastes :rolleyes:

without being really big-headed this is so similar to me... except I'm terrible at skill games

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184
Original post by OMGWTFBBQ
Unfortunately, and in my experience...

1 regularly conflicts with 5
3 often conflicts with 4

Sad times.

Ohhh.... :frown:
Original post by pinksugar
without being really big-headed this is so similar to me... except I'm terrible at skill games

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well hello there :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Breasts
Bum
Dresses well
Dont talk for the sake of talking
isn't skinny
Well hello there :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha hiiiiii

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 188
1. Faithfulness

2. Faithfulness

3. Intelligence

4. Beauty

5. Did I mention faithfulness?

100% srs

You've already said "haha" at one of my terrible jokes! I'm doing good :cool:
I guess this this thread just show that at least not very guy is insane and wanting orange carrots with Nicki Minaj makeup plastered on their faces. My school is pretty bad for that...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Study_Read_Smile
I guess this this thread just show that at least not very guy is insane and wanting orange carrots with Nicki Minaj makeup plastered on their faces. My school is pretty bad for that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it's so much that guys are attracted to girls like that, more that a lot of girls dress like that to indicate that they're interested in male attention. Most guys, espeically younger guys, are really scared of rejection, it's nice to know a girl will at least be friendly if you try it on with her. As this thread shows, very few guys will list fake tan, fake eyelashes and slutty clothes as what they look for, but they will approach those girls because they tend to respond more positively.
You've already said "haha" at one of my terrible jokes! I'm doing good :cool:

I laugh/smile at everything irl, can't help it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I laugh/smile at everything irl, can't help it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a bad thing at all, just makes you easy to please :tongue:
Original post by Mankytoes
I don't think it's so much that guys are attracted to girls like that, more that a lot of girls dress like that to indicate that they're interested in male attention. Most guys, espeically younger guys, are really scared of rejection, it's nice to know a girl will at least be friendly if you try it on with her. As this thread shows, very few guys will list fake tan, fake eyelashes and slutty clothes as what they look for, but they will approach those girls because they tend to respond more positively.

That's really interesting actually... 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Nevermind xD....
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 196
Ideally, I'd like a girl to fit the following bill:

- Respectability. I'd love a girl who has respect for herself in terms of attitude/dress/mannerism etc.

- Femininity. Nothing against girls who aren't too feminine, it's simply preference.

- Sense of Humour. A bit cliche, but there's nothing better than being able to click with someone and have a good laugh.

- Caring. I'm a pretty caring person myself, so I'd want someone to reflect that. Hugs are my kinda thing!

- Outgoing. A girl who isn't afraid to try something new or experience different things in life.

Obviously that's a dream girl, who I'm sure is out there somewhere, but in reality I'm unlikely to meet someone who ticks all of those boxes so there's always room for adjustment. Thing is, I'm pretty sure most girls are capable of showing those traits. It's just finding one who it comes to naturally.
Original post by Popppppy
Gonna stalk this thread until someone says:

Spoiler

I'm waiting for you boys :cool:

I have some follow up questions pertaining to the inevitable zombie apocalypse, before I can process your application

1) What will you do without the internet during the zombie apocalypse?
2) How have you compensated for bad eyesight during the zombie apocalypse?
3) What is your weapon of choice?
4) For which zombies have you prepared?
5) Will you give me a soldier's death, should I become infected?
In no order of preference:

- Has character
- Attractive (for me that's a pretty face, tall, some curves, not too much makeup. Darker hair is a plus).
- Intelligent (someone I can hold a conversation with and understands what I'm talking about).
- Similar interests and taste in music, films etc. (this is important if we are to enjoy spending time with one-another!)
- Has a sense of humour and can appreciate the odd dirty joke!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hummi_C
hmm...

1) Personality - I don't like it when girls play hard to get, it just frustrates me. Personally, I like girls who make an effort to hold a conversation more than others as well :smile:
2) Sense of humour - if you knew me, you'd understand how important this is...
3) Friends - "to truly know the character of a person, look at the character of their friends"... so I won't go out with someone with slutty friends :L
4) Past - I know it sounds bad, but I get turned off someone if they've been around a lot.. I prefer it if they haven't gone further than kissing really, but this wouldn't be a deal breaker
5) Appearance - To a degree. I'll be honest, if she looks like she hasn't had a shower in ages, I'll probably be repulsed. But beauty comes from within, hence I wouldn't judge someone on their attractiveness... Really, I should have called this hygiene!

PS I could fall in love with someone by seeing their hair, I have no idea why but I actually love girls with amazing hair XD

What would you count as "slutty" friends? I love my friends but that doesn't mean they're perfect and it doesn't mean I'm perfect either, but it certainly doesn't mean the way I behave and the way my friends behave is the same. I think judging someone based on whether their friends sleep with a lot of guys is ridiculous.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending