The Student Room Group

My friend shows me how truly shallow girls are!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Three words: One. Direction. Fans.

I'm definitely not one of them :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by foolscap
I think it's proven that guys are more visually stimulated than girls.
Girls are often attracted to guys for other reasons, it's not so much about looks.

However I think girls are more bitchy, and more vocal about their opinions, about people of either gender, so they can come across as immature and shallow.
Also girls tend to throw themselves at hot guys or start acting a bit desperate, when a guy see's a hot girl he normally just stares and does nothing or makes an approach (which may come across as creepy or arrogant).

It's because of this reason that has caused me to go under the knife and fix my looks.

I was having a hard time for years due to this type of bitching and before girls write 'we are not all like that' , on too many occasions I was either in the following category with them:

1)

The friend

In other words I like your personality a lot but I will never date or sleep with you.

2)

Pity

Much like the OP, I would find the good looking guys would get preferable treatment, whereas I remember on more then one occasion girls just hanging out with me put of pity and saying horrible things about me behind my back about how they felt sorry for me.

3)

Less choice

Even the unattractive girls had more choice then me. I have only slept with 2 girls. One was basically obese, the other was really my type - but she ended up getting rid of me once she was 'bored' and didn't want to put the work in the rship.

4)

'Halo effect'

What the op refers too.

I have had girls say things like 'stop looking at me', whereas if its a cute guy, they would have no problem with it.

Anyway, I want to improve my dating life so I took the plunge and got surgery. I can definently relate to the OP, and like him feel very bitter at how difficult it is for guys. Because in addition to looks, many girls will also put pressure on the man to be successful and provide for her. Honestly, the whole thing really depresses me and when I hear women say be confident, be yourself it just isn't true if you are ugly. Because you don't turn them on sexually by just have a good personality.

From getting cosmetic surgery too it is painful as well.
Original post by karmaxwell
You're tarring all girls with the same brush, and yet you log complain when we say things like 'guys are d*cks' and 'all men are the same'

Most girls aren't 'shallow' as you say.
You can blame a girl for looking at someone, can guarantee most guys judge purely on looks and won't bother getting to know you if you aren't 'tidy' -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

This generalisation is as bad as the OP's ie: you are tarring all guys with the same brush, but are complaining that "most" (Ie: some) guys judge purely on looks, and if you really say "All men are the same" or "Guys are dicks" then well have you met every single guy to know all men are the same?
Reply 43
Original post by de_monies
This generalisation is as bad as the OP's ie: you are tarring all guys with the same brush, but are complaining that "most" (Ie: some) guys judge purely on looks, and if you really say "All men are the same" or "Guys are dicks" then well have you met every single guy to know all men are the same?

I wasn't saying that was my opinion, I know not all guys are the same. I was making not attempt to generalise men, that would be quite hypocritical!!

The point I was trying to make was we don't like being generalised and neither do you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't saying that was my opinion, I know not all guys are the same. I was making not attempt to generalise men, that would be quite hypocritical!!

The point I was trying to make was we don't like being generalised and neither do you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah OK. Apologies then. The way you wrote it, it sounded like you were saying that guys get annoyed when you personally say "all men are the same"

And the bit in bold was worded a bit wrong as well, because it sounded like that's what you actually believe. Sorry! :smile:
Reply 45
Ah OK. Apologies then. The way you wrote it, it sounded like you were saying that guys get annoyed when you personally say "all men are the same"

And the bit in bold was worded a bit wrong as well, because it sounded like that's what you actually believe. Sorry! :smile:

I can see how it looked like that though! Badly worded :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can see how it looked like that though! Badly worded :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a problem. Glad we cleared that one up :smile:
Reply 47
You're tarring all girls with the same brush, and yet you log complain when we say things like 'guys are d*cks' and 'all men are the same'

You can blame a girl for looking at someone, can guarantee most guys judge purely on looks and won't bother getting to know you if you aren't 'tidy' -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your telling him not to do something then go ahead and do it yourself with: " can guarantee most guys judge purely on looks and won't bother getting to know you if you aren't 'tidy' -_-"
Original post by CodeJack
Your telling him not to do something then go ahead and do it yourself with: " can guarantee most guys judge purely on looks and won't bother getting to know you if you aren't 'tidy' -_-"

Scroll up
Reply 49
Original post by Mycroft Holmes
Sounds like you're jelly brah.

That was what I was thinking; word for word actually.
Original post by Maid Marian
I'm sick of hearing how "shallow" girls apparently are.

On the whole, boys are MUCH more shallow than girls.

The truth is everyone's a bit shallow deep down, people are just too afraid to admit it.
And your point is? Seriously, you made an over-generalising statement and are asking a rhetorical question.
Original post by foolscap
I think it's proven that guys are more visually stimulated than girls.
Girls are often attracted to guys for other reasons, it's not so much about looks.

However I think girls are more bitchy, and more vocal about their opinions, about people of either gender, so they can come across as immature and shallow.
Also girls tend to throw themselves at hot guys or start acting a bit desperate, when a guy see's a hot girl he normally just stares and does nothing or makes an approach (which may come across as creepy or arrogant).

Not true, guys can act desperate too and girls can just stand back and stare from a distance. Some girls know how to play it cool as well (I don't, but I have friends who are very smooth).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just the other day I got PM'd saying all men are dicks and that 'come on, even as a guy you must admit that'. Can we not just accept that someone's gender doesn't pre-determine whether they're 'shallow' or a dickhead?
you jelly bro?
Original post by Nomes89
Don't be ridiculous, guys do this too. Obviously if he's extremely attractive he's going to get more attention than usual. It's like asking why a Ferrari makes heads turn and a Volvo doesn't.

Tbh you sound jealous.
The difference being that males don't pretend not to.
Reply 56
Original post by Midlander
Just the other day I got PM'd saying all men are dicks and that 'come on, even as a guy you must admit that'. Can we not just accept that someone's gender doesn't pre-determine whether they're 'shallow' or a dickhead?

Bit harsh! I agree, gender shouldn't label you whether good or bad!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Scroll up

Oh yeah and how have I only just realised where your name an DP were from :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending