The Student Room Group

do girls remember?

So there's this attractive girl I;ve been eyeing up, and I've caught eyeing me up. I finally muster the courage to speak to her, AS SHE'S LEAVING FFS, and ask her if she's so and so..- was gonna try the trick where I think she's a different girl, etc. etc.

So...after she said 'no', I panicked as I saw she was leaving, and I crumbled....I said 'oh', and walked away; definitely not one of the smoothest moments of my lives... Seeing as I may be seeing her a couple more times in the next few months, will she remember this embarrassment? Is there anyway I can save my face and actually salvage a conversation with her? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

She probably will remember but if she likes you she may look past that if you make another attempt. This time try to avoid classic chat up lines and just be honest. Can't really give more specific advice on what to say coz you have said in what context you meet her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by professortobe
She probably will remember but if she likes you she may look past that if you make another attempt. This time try to avoid classic chat up lines and just be honest. Can't really give more specific advice on what to say coz you have said in what context you meet her

Posted from TSR Mobile

she was leaving this religious thing that we saw each other at...would she think it's cute or just a bit funny(in a bad way)
Reply 3
They only remember if you forget something. They'll never miss a chance to bring it up.
Reply 4
Unless she is a 65 year old woman with hippocampal sclerosis, I doubt she will forget.
Reply 5
You could salvage it, but it'd require giving your balls a firm squeeze and hoping some manly confidence juice comes out.

You'd have to lead with a joke or two at your own expense, something along the lines of "Hey, I'll give this a second attempt after my previous shambolic display -insert light laughter and eye contact-, but you've really caught my eye and I insist that we become better acquainted".

Just remember, if she isn't interested then she isn't interested and you'll find out rather promptly, but nothing will have been lost. If she is, then 'breaking the ice' is the only real difficult part.
Reply 6
Original post by Ben Kenobi
Unless she is a 65 year old woman with hippocampal sclerosis, I doubt she will forget.

Well, my chances with her are looking great!
Reply 7
Original post by Mockery
You could salvage it, but it'd require giving your balls a firm squeeze and hoping some manly confidence juice comes out.

You'd have to lead with a joke or two at your own expense, something along the lines of "Hey, I'll give this a second attempt after my previous shambolic display -insert light laughter and eye contact-, but you've really caught my eye and I insist that we become better acquainted".

Just remember, if she isn't interested then she isn't interested and you'll find out rather promptly, but nothing will have been lost. If she is, then 'breaking the ice' is the only real difficult part.

Aha, thanks, this is awesome. :biggrin:
Why would you pretend you thought she was someone else *facepalm*
Yes, girls are capable of remembering :facepalm: But just go for it, try to converse with her anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Well, my chances with her are looking great!

So you like older women, heh...:wink::wink::colone:
Original post by Ben Kenobi

I have to agree with my former master.

What you did was smooth. Serious, smooth. The only thing that would have made it cooler was if you had wet yourself.
Reply 12
Lmao duh. You tried to do the thing where you pretend she's someone else? What? Since when was that considered smooth?
Reply 13
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
I have to agree with my former master.

What you did was smooth. Serious, smooth. The only thing that would have made it cooler was if you had wet yourself.

Oh, thanks for rubbing it in. P.s at least I didn't kill my wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Why would you pretend you thought she was someone else *facepalm*

Didn't Know her, had to make the flirting seem harmless, as her sister and parents were watching :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile
You decided to do all of this in front of her parents and sister also?!!?!

Just gets better, and better! :biggrin:

Ok the next time you approach her, its probably better if her parents aren't waiting on her.

Good luck.
Think that's bad?

I just spend three weeks hard grafting to go out with a girl who seemed perfect, only to find out on the 4th "date" that she's a lezzer.

Could have said something before the expensive dinners, theatre tickets and weekend in france.

Broke and rejected, I walk away with my head down.
Original post by habs10
Oh, thanks for rubbing it in. P.s at least I didn't kill my wife.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least I've had sex.
Reply 18
Original post by TheRealDarthVader
At least I've had sex.

Calling other people a virgin over the internet, that's when you know you're a Casanova.
Reply 19
She was probably shy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending