The Student Room Group

Can I use clearing if I'm an application virgin?

Help!
I haven't applied to Uni thinking I'll take a gap year - but now I do want to go. Can I use clearing? If not, is it possible to apply for a course this year if I can get a place? Thanks
Hi CV95,

Yes, you can apply to places available through Clearing even if you didn't apply before that. Clearing isn't the application process itself, but will give you an idea of which universities still have places available and what grades they are looking for. Your best bet is to find several courses you're interested in and then phone the universities directly to explain your situation. Once you've found places willing to take you, you'll need to fill out an application form via UCAS. Make sure you explain to them (and make clear on your UCAS form) that you are applying for 2013 entry NOT 2014 entry. Best of luck securing a place!

Naveed
Reply 2
Original post by CV95
Help!
I haven't applied to Uni thinking I'll take a gap year - but now I do want to go. Can I use clearing? If not, is it possible to apply for a course this year if I can get a place? Thanks

You'd have to start from scratch, but yes. You need to submit a brand new UCAS application now :smile: I'd recommend double checking that there are Clearing options that appeal to you before doing this, though! UCAS is very busy right now.
Original post by CV95
Help!

Yes phone up the university that you want to go to and give them your grades. You'll need a personal statment to send the university though :smile:
Reply 4
thank you everyone. I'm on the case!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending