The Student Room Group

Am I a bad Muslim?

Since starting Uni there has been a lot of temptation and I've drunk and gone out partying. Obviously this conflicts with what Islam teaches so I was wondering if this makes me a bad Muslim or person?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Certainly not a bad person. No one can really expect you not to have fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Bad muslim, yes. bad person, certainly not.
Reply 4
The Quran only says that you shouldn't pray whilst you're intoxicated, so...
Reply 5
Original post by lubsjk
The Quran only says that you shouldn't pray whilst you're intoxicated, so...

No it doesnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
A bad person because you're having fun? C'mon! What's the purpose of life if no fun is allowed?

Just enjoy your university years as much as you can! It's once in a lifetime experience!!!
Reply 7
Just ask Allah for forgiveness and dont do it anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
At this point in time you're no longer a Muslim until your God forgives you.
Reply 9
As long as you're keeping it in moderation, I don't see the problem. You're definitely not a bad person. Don't guilt yourself and have fun.
The temptations of university are hard to resist, I would recommend you joining the ISOC, and remember to seek repentance for drinking.
Alchohol's never good.Try and avoid it.
Well, there are people in the world doing things that are a hell of a lot worse, than what you've mentioned..

The very fact that you are wondering if you are a bad person, shows that you have a conscience and that you aren't really. Repent with a sincere heart, and you will be forgiven.. It's that simple.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by SoftPunch
this smells of trolling. Of course no, I mean very few ppl follow their religion step by step. Or we could be all bad therefore, which means you have nothing ashamed to be of.

It's not trolling. I'm just have this huge conflict with what the religion says and wanting to go out and have fun. I really don't know what to do!
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
It's not trolling. I'm just have this huge conflict with what the religion says and wanting to go out and have fun. I really don't know what to do!

By going out and having fun you are not doing anyone any harm. So nothing wrong with that, despite what religion says. :]
Reply 15
Put the book of fairy storys in the bin and go and have a beer with your mates.
Reply 16
Original post by SoftPunch
By going out and having fun you are not doing anyone any harm. So nothing wrong with that, despite what religion says. :]

That's true but then I've been bought up my whole life without drinking alcohol. I have mates that drink but when we went out I never drank and I felt proud in being able to resist.
But since starting Uni all that self-restraint has crashed and the past few years of effort have felt like they've gone down the drain.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
That's true but then I've been bought up my whole life without drinking alcohol. I have mates that drink but when we went out I never drank and I felt proud in being able to resist.
But since starting Uni all that self-restraint has crashed and the past few years of effort have felt like they've gone down the drain.

Did you start uni just this year? then you don't know - things might go back the way they were. Maybe it's just influence of new place and new ppl that got you, but with time, things might settle back to the way they used to be. (with time, once the excitement is over).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
OP you seem to be ignoring the Muslims viewpoints on here...did you just want people to make you feel better by telling you to continue doing such stuff and that it's not wrong/bad?

Original post by Loiks94
At this point in time you're no longer a Muslim until your God forgives you.

That's not true.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
For some reason I cannot open your thread?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending