The Student Room Group

Lists of things which give you UCAS points or + points in Uni applications

Scroll to see replies

If you want to get to a top uni, they won't care about UCAS points.
Original post by lewisdcfc
I did the world challenge but didn't do this 'ASDAN' thing which apparantly gives you 70 ucas points. I did world challenge to ehtiopia for 22 days but i'm not sure how much ucas points I can get, their website is useless. Can anyone help?! Im applying to uni in 3 days and it'll make a huge difference for me!

Google 'UCAS tariff table". The first thing that comes up is a comprehensive list of all qualifications that attract points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the world challenge but didn't do this 'ASDAN' thing which apparantly gives you 70 ucas points. I did world challenge to ehtiopia for 22 days but i'm not sure how much ucas points I can get, their website is useless. Can anyone help?! Im applying to uni in 3 days and it'll make a huge difference for me!

Be aware that qualifications which attract Ucas points are usually only accepted if they are relevant to the course itself. Universities which make points offers will usually specify where they want the points to come from (full A levels and sometimes AS levels are the norm) and those which make offers in grades will not count them at all.
Most universities want most/all of your UCAS points to of come from the same 1 qualification. But you can try boosting with other qualifications.

There are functional skills in English, Maths and IT which you can try for a boost.
Reply 24
Original post by yl95
If you want to get to a top uni, they won't care about UCAS points.

I dont want to go to a top uni i'm not smart enough lol
Reply 25
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Be aware that qualifications which attract Ucas points are usually only accepted if they are relevant to the course itself. Universities which make points offers will usually specify where they want the points to come from (full A levels and sometimes AS levels are the norm) and those which make offers in grades will not count them at all.

Im applying to do aerospace technology with pilot studies, world challenge can relate to the course surely? - navigational skills, survival skills/emergency response etc. were trained for and included during the expedition
Reply 26
I feel like I'm not willing to buy a horse and learn how to horseride then gain multiple awards for 70 or so UCAS tariff points, is there no easier way.. like twitter followers :frown:
Im applying to do aerospace technology with pilot studies, world challenge can relate to the course surely? - navigational skills, survival skills/emergency response etc. were trained for and included during the expedition
I'm sure they will regard it favourably when considering whether or not to make you an offer, but it's highly unlikely to feature as part of that offer. The kind of things that do are grade 8 music exams for people applying for music degrees and the like.
Reply 28
Do you know how many points a week of volunteering would give?
Original post by sav24
Do you know how many points a week of volunteering would give?

None

Only qualifications that have been assessed for depth and breadth by UCAS attract tariffs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending