The Student Room Group

I am so ugly

It's true. I am. 3 times yesterday in the space of an hour, random strangers walking past me said things along the lines of "ugh look at that girl", "eww look at her", "lol look at that". I've had enough. No amount of makeup or a decent body can make up for the fact that people see your face before your body, and my face looks like a slapped arse.

My boyfriend disagrees and says he thinks I'm beautiful but I know he's lying., I have no doubt he loves me but I don't think he is attracted to me at all. We have been together for 4 years.

I can't take this any more. I can't take being looked at like a sloppy turd someone's just stepped in. I can't take being brought to tears at the mere thought of a photo being taken of me because I am just so hideous. I can't take knowing deep down that my boyfriend can do so much better than me.

I can't do this.

I just can't.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did they really say "lol look at that"? But i'm sure your not really ugly srs, probably just insecure.
It's probably just your own self confidence that's lacking. But if you are "ugly" so what? Your boyfriend thinks you're gorgeous. Nobody else has to - and if people can't see past what others look like then more fool them.

Although, you're probably NOT ugly.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It's true. I am. 3 times yesterday in the space of an hour, random strangers walking past me said things along the lines of "ugh look at that girl", "eww look at her", "lol look at that". I've had enough. No amount of makeup or a decent body can make up for the fact that people see your face before your body, and my face looks like a slapped arse.

My boyfriend disagrees and says he thinks I'm beautiful but I know he's lying., I have no doubt he loves me but I don't think he is attracted to me at all. We have been together for 4 years.

I can't take this any more. I can't take being looked at like a sloppy turd someone's just stepped in. I can't take being brought to tears at the mere thought of a photo being taken of me because I am just so hideous. I can't take knowing deep down that my boyfriend can do so much better than me.

I can't do this.

I just can't.

your probably being paranoid at what the strangers are saying. in my late teens i used to feel hideous, particularly because looking at myself through glasses made me uglier. (when i got contacts i realized i wasnt as bad as i thought, i still do feel ugly now but now i just accept im average looking. anyway, when i did feel hideous i would have such a high level of anxiety going out in public that every time i walked past a group of teenage boys i would feel so anxious. and i would actually hear things because i was expecting them. later in lie i realized i was just paranoid, a few times young boys might have made comment, but the anxiety it gave made me feel like i was getting them constantly
Reply 4
Post pics OP so we can tell you
So...you have a boyfriend? But you're still complaining?

If your boyfriend finds you attractive, that's all that matters. Be happy with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP there is no such things as ugly unless you have like a giant gervinho forehead+ half cut nose with one growing on dat forehead+ deformed head shape. I'm sure you're not like that.
Man up. You've got a bf so you can't be that ugly..
At least you have a boyfriend. :indiff: You can't be that ugly.
He wouldn't of stuck with u for 4 years if u wer ugly trust me I'm 95% sure ur not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Galileo Galilei
So funny I forgot to laugh.

You should go to the doctors to check that out....
Original post by Stevo112
You should go to the doctors to check that out....

ikr, tell me again..
Reply 12
People do make comments about some peoples' looks a lot and if you aren't regularly on the receiving end of them you won't know what it's like or how often it can happen. I get it a lot and it's usually if your looks make you stand out in any way. If you look angry, scared, anxious or unhappy it's far more likely to happen but you are always on your guard against it. The main thing is to diminish the importance of it in your life. How you look is not your essential self - it's just your outside and while it's used to assess and judge you, there's far more to you than your looks. You don't have anything to prove to these people and they aren't better than you except in their own heads and they've categorically proved they aren't better with their nasty behaviour. Try not to waste any thought on these people and as soon as you are less bothered by them they will be less likely to pick on you. Smiling is a good way of pre-empting them as they want you to be unconfident. If you smile they will be thrown off guard and not be sure how you will react to their comment.
Reply 13
ikr, tell me again..

is "ikr" english for something, or do you have a problem with your spelling too?:rolleyes:

you have more problems than the OP
you've got a boyfriend, that explains it all.....
There's not an absolute standard of beauty or ugliness; everything has the potential for both :-)
In other words: beauty is in the eye of the beholder :-)
Original post by Stevo112
is "ikr" english for something, or do you have a problem with your spelling too?:rolleyes:

you have more problems than the OP

lol, thank you random TSR member for telling me about my 'problems' and stop trolling you know what it means.
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous

I can't do this.

I just can't.

Would I be correct in thinking that you wear copious amounts of make-up?
Reply 18
If you all insist on photos...

www.twitter.com/snowyowl91.

My boyfriend follows me and he insisted I put photos up because he likes them. So there.

I don't know what this thread is for really, I just needed to vent before I did something stupid.
Reply 19
lol, thank you random TSR member for telling me about my 'problems' and stop trolling you know what it means.

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending