Why do these threads always go along the lines of:

IM UGLY

followed by 'My boyfriend says....'
Reply 41
Original post by Apocrypha
Why do these threads always go along the lines of:

IM UGLY

followed by 'My boyfriend says....'

Why do people have such a problem offering compassion to a person who is evidently suffering?

Having a boyfriend is no protection against other peoples' spite or any proof that it's not happening

your logic is flawed
Reply 42
Original post by aeon439
You have no choice who you are surrounded with when out in public.

I would suspect you are pretty or very conventional looking and hence aren't familiar with the type of stuff me and the OP put up with off others. Just because you aren't experiencing it does not mean it isn't happening.
I could write a book on the stuff I've put up with off others as regard my looks. I think it has a lot to do with whether you are tuned in to the conversations of those around you. A lot of people seem to walk round oblivious to what the people in their vicinity are doing or saying.

Indeed. To excerpt myself on another, recent thread:

Contempt for my hair-colour was at one stage so ubiquitous that even today, a small, primitive recess of my psyche still ferments with the anxiety that any laughter emanating from strangers must be somehow at my expense.

Such comments are insidious, and their effect is pervasive.
Original post by aeon439
Why do people have such a problem offering compassion to a person who is evidently suffering?

Having a boyfriend is no protection against other peoples' spite or any proof that it's not happening

your logic is flawed

Look at yourself, whats someone posting crap like this on a forum going to do to help them.

Evidently suffering? I reckon theres people much better looking than this person who are single and have no boyfriend/girlfriend.
Reply 44
Look at yourself, whats someone posting crap like this on a forum going to do to help them.

Evidently suffering? I reckon theres people much better looking than this person who are single and have no boyfriend/girlfriend.

I'm offering solidarity, which I find can be a great help ie she is not alone in having to deal with this type of nasty behaviour.

Just because you don't have to deal with it is no reason to be so dismissive

Do you have a partner?

Are you 'much better looking'?

If so hmmmmm I wonder why you haven't got a bf

Hmmm tricky one that....
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
It's true. I am. 3 times yesterday in the space of an hour, random strangers walking past me said things along the lines of "ugh look at that girl", "eww look at her", "lol look at that". I've had enough. No amount of makeup or a decent body can make up for the fact that people see your face before your body, and my face looks like a slapped arse.

My boyfriend disagrees and says he thinks I'm beautiful but I know he's lying., I have no doubt he loves me but I don't think he is attracted to me at all. We have been together for 4 years.

I can't take this any more. I can't take being looked at like a sloppy turd someone's just stepped in. I can't take being brought to tears at the mere thought of a photo being taken of me because I am just so hideous. I can't take knowing deep down that my boyfriend can do so much better than me.

I can't do this.

I just can't.

If you want send me a pic..ill totally get it if you dont want to dw because of privacy and stuff but everyone can look pretty in their own way, if everyone looked the same the world would be a really boring place
Original post by aeon439
I'm offering solidarity, which I find can be a great help ie she is not alone in having to deal with this type of nasty behaviour.

Just because you don't have to deal with it is no reason to be so dismissive

Do you have a partner?

Are you 'much better looking'?

If so hmmmmm I wonder why you haven't got a bf

Hmmm tricky one that....

Although i have many bromances on the go, if you read my profile you will see my sexual orientation. so a 'bf' is out of the question :frown:

Im not sure how I can compare my looks to a girls looks.. What a strange question.
Reply 47
Original post by Profesh
Indeed. To excerpt myself on another, recent thread:

Such comments are insidious, and their effect is pervasive.

I totally agree

They can be devastating to a sensitive person

I find that the people who say things like 'Stop being so sensitive' and 'You're imagining it' aren't having to put up with it themselves so don't have a clue how eroding it can be of your self esteem.

Also, because a fair majority of people do comment unkindly on other peoples' looks there's a strong need to try and minimise the effect it might be having, to prevent any feelings of guilt
Reply 48
Although i have many bromances on the go, if you read my profile you will see my sexual orientation. so a 'bf' is out of the question :frown:

Im not sure how I can compare my looks to a girls looks.. What a strange question.

Ok, I got confused by your avatar being female
yes yes u are stupid person why would u write that here like we care dude get a life
Reply 50
Original post by holasenorita1
yes yes u are stupid person why would u write that here like we care dude get a life

I care so less of the collective 'we' if you don't mind
:nothing:
You're ugly and you have a boyfriend of 4 years.
Some pretty persons don't even have one.
People actually say 'lol look at that' in real life?
Reply 54
In my opinion there's a dual level thing going on here

Everyone knows damn well that all these nasty comments get made as they are often the very people making them themselves

They don't want to look bad by admitting it though so they come out with all this fake
incredulity

That's the only explanation for it

As usual no one wants to admit to being what they really are; they want to keep deluding themselves that they're wonderful people
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by Maid Marian
:nothing:

I'd neg you irl.
Reply 56
Original post by ZRO
I'd neg you irl.

Why's that?
Reply 57
Original post by aeon439
Why's that?

has to be one of the most depressing posters around. Always like omg im so ugly no one will like me. Think she dropped out of uni because she couldn't handle talking to people. I mean wtf. I haven't been on TSR for awhile and she's still the same lol.
Reply 58
Original post by ZRO
has to be one of the most depressing posters around. Always like omg im so ugly no one will like me. Think she dropped out of uni because she couldn't handle talking to people. I mean wtf. I haven't been on TSR for awhile and she's still the same lol.

and you think that's funny?

I think that's a very callous attitude to have
Reply 59
Original post by aeon439
and you think that's funny?

I think that's a very callous attitude to have

Did I say it was funny?

I think its pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending