The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cem101
no because i hate hi jabs. its a sign that a woman is not comfortable being themselves and is conforming to the desires of men, this shows weak will which is unattractive...

also i should clear up I'm muslim before people create a mob outside my house.

Weak? Do you even know how much crap you can get from some people walking around outside with a scarf on your head?? Random people who you don't even know give you grief and think it's okay to shout abuse and you think that that makes a girl weak?? Pfft if anything hijabi women are one of the strongest women you will know; the fact that they can still hold their head up high in society despite everything and be proud of their faith and belief shows real strength in character and resolve, and demonstrates how STRONG they are. You must be a very simple and narrow minded person :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tj_321
Really you think Hijabis are forced by parents? Then you know some really old fashioned people. Everyone I know who wears a Hijab was by their own choice. Our life is not limited, I dont see how you can disagree with me when I AM a Hijabi and im telling you this.

99% of hijabis i know in london are pushed into it by parents.
Original post by cem101

Probably because the ones that aren't wont give you the time of day...
Original post by Biryani007
Probably because the ones that aren't wont give you the time of day...

haha, ok, i have plenty of friends who wear hijabs, they know my thoughts on the matter.
Original post by cem101
haha, ok, i have plenty of friends who wear hijabs, they know my thoughts on the matter.

Lol ok...
Original post by Mankytoes
No, I kinda assumed hijabis wouldn't date white guys? Or generally date at all really?

Lol, but there are white Muslim girls you know? But you are right, most hijabis wouldn't date at all, depends on how practicing they are of their religion.
Original post by Anonymous
I've never seen someone call an algerian african lol. People just say they are arabs :tongue:

It's in Africa, and not all inhabitants are Arab. There is a large Berber population living and a lot are mixed.
Just curious :smile:

I dont approach any gurls I just chat when its natural
if an opportunity comes up at best

Im not sure Id see her as a dating prospect unless she was a lil flirty tho

wouldnt be worth the effort of finding out otherwise
Of course yes. I would approach anyone if I need directions to somewhere or for whatever reason. But I get the feeling you mean on a date or friendship? It would be impossible to say if she was pretty anyway if she wore it constantly; nevertheless, I would. I'm naturally curious and believe everyone has a story to tell well beyond their physical appearances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, not attracted to anyone highly religious
Are you into or ever been attracted to hijabis tho?

Yeah, I worked in Crawley which has a fair population, and some of them are really pretty, those eyes on Middle Eastern girls... I had one co-worker who was really nice, I'd have loved to have asked her out. Soon after she had an arranged marriage, so I'm guessing I was right not to... I'm into all sorts of girls, and there are certainly plenty of hijabis I've found attractive.

Original post by fishi
Haha people maje assumptions all the time. Thats ok. Even if most hijabis would want to date a white guy or any guy in general they either do it without letting many people know about it because parents are well.. you know strict..

To be fair I'm not just a white guy, I'm an atheist with very liberal views.

Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Lol, but there are white Muslim girls you know? But you are right, most hijabis wouldn't date at all, depends on how practicing they are of their religion.

I would still assume they'd want Muslim boyfriends?

Maybe I'm making assumptions, but I'd assume they're either wearing it because they are reasonably religious/culturally devoted, in which case we wouldn't be compatable, or because their family make them, in which case I'd feel I was putting her and myself in danger.
Reply 151
Original post by cem101

Well then you don't know a lot of hijabis. And let me tell you I'm a hijabi girl and I know LOADS of Hijabi girls 99.9% of the people in my school are Muslim and most girls wear Hijab, and all the ones I know (which is nearly all) I know it's of their choice. So I think I have more experience than you thank you. Oh and by the way for parents to actually force their daughters they would have to be REALLY extreme, and I don't know who you met but most Muslims are not that extreme, and guess what love their daughters to not force them into something they dont want. And as well as this girls do have a voice oh and believe me if we don't like something oh boy do we let everyone know. What do you think Muslim parents beat us? Hahahhahaha if you think that then seriously you have no knowledge of Islam.

I can't believe you think these things about Muslims, well I AM a Muslim and I'm telling you that you are wrong.
Original post by tj_321
Well then you don't know a lot of hijabis. And let me tell you I'm a hijabi girl and I know LOADS of Hijabi girls 99.9% of the people in my school are Muslim and most girls wear Hijab, and all the ones I know (which is nearly all) I know it's of their choice. So I think I have more experience than you thank you. Oh and by the way for parents to actually force their daughters they would have to be REALLY extreme, and I don't know who you met but most Muslims are not that extreme, and guess what love their daughters to not force them into something they dont want. And as well as this girls do have a voice oh and believe me if we don't like something oh boy do we let everyone know. What do you think Muslim parents beat us? Hahahhahaha if you think that then seriously you have no knowledge of Islam.

I can't believe you think these things about Muslims, well I AM a Muslim and I'm telling you that you are wrong.

lol im a muslim too.
Reply 153
Original post by cem101
lol im a muslim too.

Could have fooled me. Ok let me ask some questions- do you have a sister/ female cousin? Do yours/their parents force hijab upon them?
Original post by tj_321
Could have fooled me. Ok let me ask some questions- do you have a sister/ female cousin? Do yours/their parents force hijab upon them?

no mine don't, but most of the muslims i see in london are made to wear them, not by force as if to say wear it or you get beats, but because they engrain it into them at a young age, they see their mothers and aunts wear it so are naturally expected to follow suit without fully educating them as to why they have to conform to wearing it because men want them to.
Reply 155
Original post by cem101
no mine don't, but most of the muslims i see in london are made to wear them, not by force as if to say wear it or you get beats, but because they engrain it into them at a young age, they see their mothers and aunts wear it so are naturally expected to follow suit without fully educating them as to why they have to conform to wearing it because men want them to.

Girls are not that naive. So now you're offensive to girls? Great.
No because they are not christian :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what my motivation is. If it's lust, no.
Original post by cem101

That's their choice then.
yes of course i would if they are attractive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending