The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cobalion955
Then go ahead and do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will inshaAllah.
My hijaabi friend has been approached loads of times but only by guys which I assume are Muslim.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Pretty much. I want to marry an older man :smile:

Oh wow... so if you find someone your age and they're amazing.. you'd be like nah G?
Original post by Kabulkid
Oh wow... so if you find someone your age and they're amazing.. you'd be like nah G?

I may reconsider but i'm immediately put-off when I find out someone is the same age as me.
Anyway, i'm not thinking about marriage now so Allah knows.
Original post by FatmanO
lool I was talking about you :tongue:

It's never too early. In this day and age, to avoid something that's bad in a shameless society is an achievement. I take it you're not a guy. Guys have to fast to control themselves form even the slightest bit of impurity. Marriage is the solution.
I just knew you'd bring up the prophet (saw) and all the historical age differences. We're in the 21st CENTURY dear. The majority of muslim women don't want a guy younger than them. Period.

It's usually divorcees who tend to marry a man younger.

May be may be not, but even then, the majority doesn't mean everyone., and where is your source for these statistics?
I have to say that middle eastern women are ravishing for the most part. Having said that, I would not actually go out of my way to speak to her as I assume muslims are more conservative and all that.
Reply 427
Original post by Kabulkid
Lol this thread is actually amazing, weird and informative at the same time. I'm an Afghan and yeah I would approach a girl wearing a hijab because after all.. they're people. I wouldn't flirt with them or anything, I'd just be friends, after all we're all going to have to get married one day.

Wow, so if someone was your age you'd be like no straight up? weird.

Confirmed troll, time to move onto another thread now buddy, on your way.

What afghan ethnicity if you dont mind me asking lol?

Farsi or ?
Original post by Ahsim

Farsi or ?

Lol he's a Pashtun :lol:
May be may be not, but even then, the majority doesn't mean everyone., and where is your source for these statistics?

What if this girl is interested in someone else?

I don't have statistics but almost every muslim girl i know has the same views of wantin to marry a man older (I only know one girl who doesn't care about age)

Who cares about stats, ask her if she likes you!! It'd be so awkward if she doesn't like you :redface:
What if this girl is interested in someone else?

I don't have statistics but almost every muslim girl i know has the same views of wantin to marry a man older (I only know one girl who doesn't care about age)

I meant the divorce statistics.
Reply 432
Original post by Biryani007
Lol he's a Pashtun :lol:

Lol woooh.
There's 3 of us now... ( insert that evil tsr face thingy i forgot how to do)
We can plan tsr domination now, maybe start of by reviving the Pashtun soc. Last one there is a punjabi :tongue:
Original post by Ahsim
Lol woooh.
There's 3 of us now... ( insert that evil tsr face thingy i forgot how to do)
We can plan tsr domination now, maybe start of by reviving the Pashtun soc. Last one there is a punjabi :tongue:

Ahahah lol yess!!! There's that other dude too, the one that's called himself 'God but apparently he speaks Farsi :redface:
Reply 434
I might dick slap her in the face

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ahsim

Farsi or ?

I class myself pashtun as i know more pashto than dari, my mums farsi though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElChapo
They will most likely have arranged marriages right? I believe that is Islamic tradition..I may be wrong.

In answer to OP no I Dont approach them, not that I'm particularly known to approach loads of girls as you put it, but I just feel as though they wish not to be bothered

Posted from TSR Mobile

its more a cultural thing (in asia and middle east) than islamic, but yes alot of muslims do have arranged marriages.
Original post by ElChapo
They will most likely have arranged marriages right? I believe that is Islamic tradition..I may be wrong.

In answer to OP no I Dont approach them, not that I'm particularly known to approach loads of girls as you put it, but I just feel as though they wish not to be bothered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arranged marriages are an South East Asian tradition, not Islamic. It's a culture thing, not religious. The only thing in Islam is that you, you're prospective second half and yours and their parents all have to agree (which is why forced marriages are haram in Islam. But they still happen because of stupid cultures).

Arranged marriages are very much dying out. They'll happen with my parents generation but not so much with mine. My sister's marriage wasn't arranged. Mine won't be.
Original post by Anonymous
sounds creepy and not a lot of people say it explicitly but it makes sense u kno..

It does make sense. Won't disagree. Hes just coming across as creepy on purpose though, you can see it in some of the replies he gave some girls.
Wouldn't be the first time a non-Muslim created a troll account to freak out Muslim girls on TSR.

Original post by tj_321
He had me for a minute lol...but the dream thing and not wanting to wake up really took the cat out the bag :biggrin:

Trolls be trolling ;D
Original post by TheTechN1304
A lot of the time Muslim women have no choice and are forced to wear the hijab. Tell me, why did you choose to wear it and not a burqa/niqab? And I honestly have no idea why you feel liberated wearing it. Care to share?

Also, it does represent inequality. Do Muslim men wear the hijab/burqa/niqab? No. If Islam were an equal religion where women were actually treated as equals, they wouldn't be forced to wear clothing to cover themselves up for 'modesty'.

The public opinion on the hijab is negative, and considering you're more likely to face discrimination wearing one, I'm bit baffled as to why you think it's 'beautiful'.

Men do have to cover up. But not in the same way because we're not biologically identical.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending