The Student Room Group

Do you look like your parents and is it a good thing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I look a lot like my mum, which is good cos my dad is fugly. He was definitely punching above his weight. I've got his nose though :frown:
I apparently look and act like my uncle, but I don't see it

Would consider it a pretty good thing if it's true but as I said haha
Original post by _jake_
I look a lot like my mum, which is good cos my dad is fugly. He was definitely punching above his weight. I've got his nose though :frown:

Ouch! :lol:

I look like my Father apparently.. I don't mind. In terms of personality I mainly have my Mother's characteristics with hints of my Father.
Reply 23
My dad. Not good because he is dead (unfortunate circumstances) and I resemble him the most out of all of my family (I'm basically the female version of him) so I get the 'oh I'm so sorry' treatment the most.
I look like my dad and I don't consider it a good thing,
Yes, and my parents are lovely so I'm pretty happy to look like them
Reply 26
I look like my dad and he's a handsome mother****er.
i look like my mum which is a good thing, her and her family where always the best looking people around the block back in the day, they also had the most notorious temper back then which I've inherited too. my dad isnt bad looking either but i got his big nose, luckily im more academic like him. so all in all god gave me a good deal :biggrin:
Reply 28
Original post by Technetium
Ouch! :lol:

I look like my Father apparently.. I don't mind. In terms of personality I mainly have my Mother's characteristics with hints of my Father.

He deserves it, he's a bit of an arse :tongue:

This.

I ****ing hate my father's guts.
Original post by Marky Mark
This.

I ****ing hate my father's guts.

:| Why?
Original post by StrangeBanana
:| Why?

He is so controlling. I've moved away as soon as I got into med school and I've never looked back. :smile: He wasn't a bad father I mean he was never absent, abusive or violent. I don't know how to describe it but he just grinds my gears.
Reply 32
Mostly like my mum although got my dad's chin and the same colour eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I somehow manage to look very similar yet very different to both my parents at the same time. I have my dad's nose (definitely a bad thing) and my mum's freckles and pale skin. But my eyes are grey and both my parents' are blue, and my hair is curlier and darker (naturally) than both of them. People say I look like both of them, but they only ever seem to notice when I point out we're related, I guess you look more for similarities in people you know are related :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Marky Mark
He is so controlling. I've moved away as soon as I got into med school and I've never looked back. :smile: He wasn't a bad father I mean he was never absent, abusive or violent. I don't know how to describe it but he just grinds my gears.

Good job and good luck. :yy:
I look like my mum, almost exactly. People always comment on how similar we are. We have a similar personality too
I look like my mum but I have my dads lips which are huge.
and I find it ok, but I really don't understand why people have to say things like "oh you look like your mum" like what does it even achieve?
Never met my dad but I'm told I have my mum's nose. I don't see it from the pictures but that's cool.
On the other hand, my mum closely resembles my sister, my aunt, and my female cousin.
My elder brother is a 100% photocopy of the mother. The younger sister is a 100% photocopy of the father.

I don't look like either of them, looks wise am closer in view to my late granddad and also have his build and height.

Good or bad thing? Never really thought about it though my 2 siblings are rather happy they resemble one of the parents as it so happens they are the favoured one. Brother is the mother's favourite while the sister is the father's favourite. I'm the favourite of no one.
I haven't heard anyone say I look much like my parents, though I definitely share certain traits. People have said I resemble my brother a lot, as well as my grampa when he was younger, which means big nose and big ears :/ not the best look, but oh well :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending