The Student Room Group

Nhs dentist

Does anyone know a dentist on the NHS where they have been approved of free braces. In trying to get them on tge NHS.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Keep trying the orthadontists in your area - sometimes different ones will have different opinions on your teeth. If need be, sound really upset about how your teeth make you look and mention any pains you have in your mouth - if you are suffering pain or are really upset about how you look they may be more lenient...
However, they do have guidelines to follow - such as a certain amount of overbite, a certain amount of overlaping on your teeth, need to be under 18, etc. - if you know you have a slight overbite you could emphasising it in your checkup by pulling your jaw back a little...
Reply 2
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Keep trying the orthadontists in your area - sometimes different ones will have different opinions on your teeth. If need be, sound really upset about how your teeth make you look and mention any pains you have in your mouth - if you are suffering pain or are really upset about how you look they may be more lenient...
However, they do have guidelines to follow - such as a certain amount of overbite, a certain amount of overlaping on your teeth, need to be under 18, etc. - if you know you have a slight overbite you could emphasising it in your checkup by pulling your jaw back a little...

K thank you. I had a referral but i reallly just talked about the way it looks. That didnt help. I am going to that next time. Hopefully i'll get it on the nhs. Did you go through the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moved to Health
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
Moved to Health

What do u mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MCMXCVIII
K thank you. I had a referral but i reallly just talked about the way it looks. That didnt help. I am going to that next time. Hopefully i'll get it on the nhs. Did you go through the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, happened to me too. I just kicked up a bit more of a fuss the second time and they put me on the NHS...

Original post by MCMXCVIII
What do u mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She's a mod - she's moved the thread to a more relevant section of the website :smile:
Reply 6
Yeah, happened to me too. I just kicked up a bit more of a fuss the second time and they put me on the NHS...

She's a mod - she's moved the thread to a more relevant section of the website :smile:

Ok. I'll try again. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Which orthodontist did you go to and how did you get a referral?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
how old are you?
Reply 9
Original post by Xinho
how old are you?

15. 16 in a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="MCMXCVIII;48857817"]

Which orthodontist did you go to and how did you get a referral?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just went to my local orthodontist my dentist had recommended. They wouldn't offer it to me for free, so I tried my sister's orthodontist (we just phoned the previous orthodontist and asked them to refer us to the new one), which was a new practice so had lots of space for new patients - which might explain why they were more lenient.

Quick Reply

Latest