The Student Room Group

So I got super drunk at a party a few days ago and feel really embarrassed...?

Okay- a note before I explain- this is the first time I've ever done this.

Basically, to get my mind off my results, my friend invited me to some party in a forest by the beach. I later found out that this was the party of the daughter of my head of year at sixth form (whoops...)

Anyway, it was going great until- for whatever reason- I started drinking her whiskey. I don't really know why, I guess it's because I'm relatively inexperienced with alcohol and didn't realise how quickly it would inebriate me. It wasn't long before I was completely intoxicated and apparently fell over (I don't remember this) and had to be carried back to my parents' car. I don't even know who carried me back...

I'm realllly embarrassed about this, and about what I might have said/done whilst drunk. I haven't heard anyone saying anything about me yet, but I just hate to think that I let myself get in that state. I'm not that kind of person, not usually. I don't want that kind of reputation.

Is this really that bad? I mean, I didn't hurt anyone, I was just super drunk... but I feel so much self hatred for it.
Reply 1
Original post by All_TheCyanide
Okay- a note before I explain- this is the first time I've ever done this.

Basically, to get my mind off my results, my friend invited me to some party in a forest by the beach. I later found out that this was the party of the daughter of my head of year at sixth form (whoops...)

Anyway, it was going great until- for whatever reason- I started drinking her whiskey. I don't really know why, I guess it's because I'm relatively inexperienced with alcohol and didn't realise how quickly it would inebriate me. It wasn't long before I was completely intoxicated and apparently fell over (I don't remember this) and had to be carried back to my parents' car. I don't even know who carried me back...

I'm realllly embarrassed about this, and about what I might have said/done whilst drunk. I haven't heard anyone saying anything about me yet, but I just hate to think that I let myself get in that state. I'm not that kind of person, not usually. I don't want that kind of reputation.

Is this really that bad? I mean, I didn't hurt anyone, I was just super drunk... but I feel so much self hatred for it.

You're not going to survive freshers week if you attend.
The good thing is, you didn't hurt anyone. (Until the police come looking for you...) Surely you'll learn that being drunk is not cool though
Original post by ThePoet
You're not going to survive freshers week if you attend.

Ha, I guess... but that's a good year away. And I don't know, I just think getting drunk to the point of not being able to remember things is sort of embarrassing, but I guess loads of people my age do it...
Reply 4
Original post by All_TheCyanide
Ha, I guess... but that's a good year away. And I don't know, I just think getting drunk to the point of not being able to remember things is sort of embarrassing, but I guess loads of people my age do it...

Honestly, don't worry about it. It's all a part of growing up.
Original post by shawn_o1
The good thing is, you didn't hurt anyone. (Until the police come looking for you...) Surely you'll learn that being drunk is not cool though

Well, only myself. As far as I'm aware. They'll never catch me!

Yep. I think the huge hangover and vomiting has put me off doing it again forever.
It's not really bad, you didn't do it intentionally, and whatever you may or may not have said or done can be attributed to the fact that you were wasted and disregarded as a result of this (assuming you didn't kill anyone before KOing). You'll soon find out just how many people do this sort of stuff on a weekly and even daily basis.
Original post by ThePoet
Honestly, don't worry about it. It's all a part of growing up.

Okay, thanks. My holier-than-thou friends have all been shunning me, y'see (they've never even tasted alcohol).
Reply 8
Honestly don't worry, if just getting super drunk was the worst of it, then you're fairly ok... there are a lot worse things that could have happened!
Just chalk it up to experience and remember than even the best of us have been super drunk/will get embarrassingly drunk.
If anyone says anything, I'm probably going to laugh it off. Apparently I wasn't aggressive so that's one thing. I was just ranting nonsense... :rolleyes:
I don't think there's any reason to worry, if anything its a good thing -at least next time you'll know your limits, and as long as you don't get horrendously drunk too soon you'll realise that the funniest things happen when you're drunk
This happens to everyone OP. My method is to try to ignore all the things I might have done, and never ask anyone for details they don't offer.
True... I'm just lucky I was carried back and didn't fall somewhere where nobody could find me/ didn't choke on vomit. And I wasn't attacked (well... I don't remember being attacked).

Ah well. At least I did it at a time when I didn't have any responsibilities.
Reply 13
Well you've learnt a lesson it's really not fun/good to drink that much, but honestly people have done far more embarrassing things when drunk so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Probably get a bit of stick from your friends though :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending