The Student Room Group

Problems with my ex girlfriend?

Hi, my ex gf and I broke up 3 months ago... at the moment we are "friends" although our "friendship" is not that great... we spend days where we talk for long time where we meet up and weeks without speaking to each other... Sometimes she also hints that we would be back together but most of the time shes rude and she lies about hanging out with me like at my birthday 3 days ago... At the moment I am dating a really nice girl who treats me really good but I keep thinking about my ex... 2 years are not easy to erase from your mind above all if she is your first love... We even lived together for a while... What should I do? She is ruining my life please I need help.
She got jealous when she got to know that I am dating this new girl since then for a few days she tried to get closer to me etc
btw I want her back...
I was thinking about calling her n tell her that she has to make a decision once forever about us otherwise Ill delete her from my life
She's ruining your life but you want her back?

The ex lies all the time but the girl your dating is really nice and takes care of you?

I'm confused, who exactly is it that you want back lol?
Reply 2
Original post by kingzebra
She's ruining your life but you want her back?

The ex lies all the time but the girl your dating is really nice and takes care of you?

I'm confused, who exactly is it that you want back lol?

I want my ex back...
And I know it doesn't really make sense wanting my ex back but I love her so much
Original post by Tony09
I want my ex back...
And I know it doesn't really make sense wanting my ex back but I love her so much

It makes sense to me :smile:

It sounds like you already know what to do but just want confirmation.... First of all, tell this new girl it's over, but do it ever so gently. Be honest with her, she'll find you a lot more decent that way than if someone else tells her or it gets ugly. Tell her that it's unfair to her to be seeing her when you still have feelings for someone else. Tell her that you didn't realise and she didn't so anything wrong and there's nothing she can do because she's an amazing girl. It's just a case of bad timing. Give her a cuddle and a smile and end things on a good note.

Then, ask to meet your ex, don't sound excited, don't sound down. Then give her an ultimanium. List the things you've been through, laugh about the good and bad memories, and then tell her you want to go back to that and create more memories. Tell her that from here it can only get better or worse as everything is a learning curve. But tell her that you're serious and you don't want to play games and it's all in. If she seems unsure, tell her she's got a few days to think about it before you close your heart to her.

Good luck OP! Let me know how it goes! X
"Love"...

May I ask how old you are?
Reply 5
Completely disagree with kingzebra. Nostalgia is understandable but she's the ex for a reason. Steer clear and move on.
Reply 6
Hey,

So, it sounds to me like if you're in love with your ex still - you shouldn't be dating this other girl. Does your ex have a partner? If she doesn't then it's just about deciding if you want to get back together with your ex or not. It kind of sounds like your ex isn't any good for you but only you can make that decision. It is true that love makes you blind and you should consider everything objectively before making a decision.

Personally, I wouldn't take the ex back because she sounds like she is being selfish (really not trying to offend anyone) and only cares about getting what she wants. It's better to look forwards rather than back and letting go can be difficult but sometimes it's the only way to move on - even if it does break your heart.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
"Love"...

May I ask how old you are?

I am 20
Original post by Tony09
Hi, my ex gf and I broke up 3 months ago... at the moment we are "friends" although our "friendship" is not that great... we spend days where we talk for long time where we meet up and weeks without speaking to each other... Sometimes she also hints that we would be back together but most of the time shes rude and she lies about hanging out with me like at my birthday 3 days ago... At the moment I am dating a really nice girl who treats me really good but I keep thinking about my ex... 2 years are not easy to erase from your mind above all if she is your first love... We even lived together for a while... What should I do? She is ruining my life please I need help.
She got jealous when she got to know that I am dating this new girl since then for a few days she tried to get closer to me etc
btw I want her back...
I was thinking about calling her n tell her that she has to make a decision once forever about us otherwise Ill delete her from my life

Reading other people's comments that really aren't sympathetic at all, how did you break up and hey if you really felt like you wanted to get back with her maybe you need to talk about what you both want from the relationship and sounds a bit like she's just really jealous at the moment but that would pass if you were happy to stay with your current partner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending