The Student Room Group

Will a guy ever leave his girlfriend for another girl?

As a matter of good and bad practice, is it worth trying to prize a guy away from his girlfriend, or would a guy never leave his girlfriend of 4 years for a new girl? What do you think? 4 years is practically man and wife, isn't it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinklillies
is it worth trying to prize a guy away from his girlfriend, or would a guy never leave his girlfriend of 4 years for a new girl? What do you think? 4 years is practically man and wife, isn't it?

I don't think that someone should ever really do that... even if the couple had only been dating for a few months. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
As a matter of good and bad practice, is it worth trying to prize a guy away from his girlfriend, or would a guy never leave his girlfriend of 4 years for a new girl? What do you think? 4 years is practically man and wife, isn't it?

I've been with my girlfriend for less than two months and I wouldn't leave her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It happens. What you are contemplating is ethically questionable and far from guaranteed to work out well, mind.
yes a guy would probably leave his girlfriend for you but then he would just go back to her after he left you
As a matter of good practice (as you put it), no it is not an appropriate thing to attempt to do.

And even if you were successful, he's shown his colours ... what makes you think he wouldn't do the same to you down the line?

Respect the sisterhood, my friend, sisters before misters.
(edited 9 years ago)
If he leaves another girl for you chances are sometime in the very near future he would leave you for another girl :smile:
Reply 7
It's unlikely they'd leave after 4 years but if you did manage it you'd always be aware that you were with the kind of person who'll do that. Either way it doesn't end well.
Reply 8
I can honestly say yes because that's what one of my ex's did to me :frown:
Lol yes it happens and vice versa too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
prise
yep!
Reply 12
Original post by karmacrunch
I don't think that someone should ever really do that... even if the couple had only been dating for a few months. :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

all is fair in love and war
Original post by Alfissti
If he leaves another girl for you chances are sometime in the very near future he would leave you for another girl :smile:

pretty much this, if he does it to his gf, whats to stop him doing it to you?
It can happen, and chances are he will do the same to you.
I wouldn't set my eyes on someone in a relationship anyway, I think it's cruel if I made him leave her for me. :/
Yes, it happens. My ex left someone for me (though they had a lot of problems beforehand, apparently). I didn't trust him for ages because I didn't see what was stopping him from doing it to me. I knew he'd cheated on her a lot (including with me, for a short time). I'm not proud of this, incidentally. I think it was a sh*tty thing to do, on both sides. They'd been together for about three years, and were also engaged.

So it can happen, easily. But keep in mind that they could easily do the same thing to you. Find a nice single guy!
is it worth trying to prize a guy away from his girlfriend,

Sounds like you're trying to be a homewrecker...

would a guy never leave his girlfriend of 4 years for a new girl?

Happened to me, a guy left his gf of four years for me. I didn't ask/force him to, I just accepted that it wasn't possible to be with him and tried to move on. However, in the end he left her and it was his choice completely.
Original post by Lil3utterfly
It can happen, and chances are he will do the same to you.
I wouldn't set my eyes on someone in a relationship anyway, I think it's cruel if I made him leave her for me. :/

I totally agree with yourself, it is just an evil thing to do
Original post by economicsgirl2014
I totally agree with yourself, it is just an evil thing to do

It is evil, but many people do it anyway - and it doesn't have to be the guy.
Humans can be very fickle. :frown:
What; a leapfrogger? A Grandmaster at relationship checkers? Oh, most definitely: although they generally don't wait four years between 'moves'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending