The Student Room Group

HELPPPP !!!! My Ucas application may be ruined !!!

I sent off my application to my referee. Got my head of year to check it and she removed my AS results. I tried telling her that I had to declare all of them but she said I should only declare the subject which I dropped.
She wouldn't let me change it.

I know that you can get into trouble for not declaring things so now I'm just worrying about it constantly.

She also tried to change my predicted grades coz 'apparently' it looks suspicious coz i've been predicted 2 grades higher than my AS. Well, i'm resitting the whole AS so it will boost up my grade so there's nothing wrong with me being predicted a B when I got a D at AS (I was 2 marks off a C btw).

Does anyone have any advice ??
Well if it hasn't been sent of yet you could always print the UCAS rules and then show it to your teacher, also you could point out to her that it is your subject teachers who believe you can get those grades and those are the people who should know what you are capable of. Just try not to be overly rude to your teacher because even if you are in the right, teachers can quite often get irritated if you prove them wrong.
So Basically say to them, Hey Mrs/mr Blablabla I was researching the Ucas rules and it says I have to declare all of my grades (prove this with a printed out copy) That should be the easy bit.
Then in the nicest possible way ask her why they think you can't achieve that grade, and if they say they believe you can, you can point out so does your subject teacher so therefore that should be your predicted grade.
Reply 2
Original post by Penguinfarts
Well if it hasn't been sent of yet you could always print the UCAS rules and then show it to your teacher, also you could point out to her that it is your subject teachers who believe you can get those grades and those are the people who should know what you are capable of. Just try not to be overly rude to your teacher because even if you are in the right, teachers can quite often get irritated if you prove them wrong.
So Basically say to them, Hey Mrs/mr Blablabla I was researching the Ucas rules and it says I have to declare all of my grades (prove this with a printed out copy) That should be the easy bit.
Then in the nicest possible way ask her why they think you can't achieve that grade, and if they say they believe you can, you can point out so does your subject teacher so therefore that should be your predicted grade.

It's too late :frown:
I got horrific AS grades (BDDU) and the only present AS grade on my UCAS application is maths which I got a U in. Unis will think that I'm purposely trying to hide my As grades from them.
Also, I'm planning on resitting 6 exams and she wouldn't even let me put that on my UCAS
I've conceded defeat...there's no way that I'm gonna get any offers now :mad:
Well it isn't the end of the world since if you do, do well you can always go into clearing :smile:
You don't have to do as your head of year says, unless she is the referee. If this is the case, email or ring UCAS and explain what has happened, or have them tell her she's completely wrong. If your application has already been sent off you can email UCAS and explain the problem, they might update your application, but you will maybe have to email the grades to the unis you are applying to to notify them.

I had a problem similar, as a college I went to told me I was doing a lower level of qualification than I actually was. The day after sending my application, I received the qualification certificate stating the actual qualification. The head of sixth form said not to bother ringing UCAS, as apparently 'unis don't look at BTECs when you have a levels,' but I emailed the uni I want to go to to inform them of the mistake anyway and they just added a note to my application.

hope this gets sorted out for you.
Original post by Shanzii
It's too late :frown:
I got horrific AS grades (BDDU) and the only present AS grade on my UCAS application is maths which I got a U in. Unis will think that I'm purposely trying to hide my As grades from them.
Also, I'm planning on resitting 6 exams and she wouldn't even let me put that on my UCAS
I've conceded defeat...there's no way that I'm gonna get any offers now :mad:

Has your application been sent? If it has, I would phone UCAS immediately and explain the situation. It's your application, make sure they change it (they can) to add resits and AS grades to the form (have your AS grades been cashed in? IF they have there is no choice, you should email/phone them immediately).

Don't panic, this referee appears to have really messed you around but worst case scenario you can always reapply next year or enter clearing when you have your results (your much improved grades) with a referee who actually isn't insane.
Reply 6
Original post by Penguinfarts
Well it isn't the end of the world since if you do, do well you can always go into clearing :smile:

Yeah I guess but i'm still upset about the whole matter :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by coffeeandcats
You don't have to do as your head of year says, unless she is the referee. If this is the case, email or ring UCAS and explain what has happened, or have them tell her she's completely wrong. If your application has already been sent off you can email UCAS and explain the problem, they might update your application, but you will maybe have to email the grades to the unis you are applying to to notify them.

I had a problem similar, as a college I went to told me I was doing a lower level of qualification than I actually was. The day after sending my application, I received the qualification certificate stating the actual qualification. The head of sixth form said not to bother ringing UCAS, as apparently 'unis don't look at BTECs when you have a levels,' but I emailed the uni I want to go to to inform them of the mistake anyway and they just added a note to my application.

hope this gets sorted out for you.

She's not my referee...Thank God !!!!
I think i'd email the unis I want to go to.
Hopefully it gets sorted

Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Comeback
Has your application been sent? If it has, I would phone UCAS immediately and explain the situation. It's your application, make sure they change it (they can) to add resits and AS grades to the form (have your AS grades been cashed in? IF they have there is no choice, you should email/phone them immediately).

Don't panic, this referee appears to have really messed you around but worst case scenario you can always reapply next year or enter clearing when you have your results (your much improved grades) with a referee who actually isn't insane.

I just checked, it hasn't been sent off yet
I will phone them up if it's been submitted.
I can't reapply next year !!!!! I'll try my best to try and rectify this problem ASAP
Original post by Shanzii
I just checked, it hasn't been sent off yet
I will phone them up if it's been submitted.
I can't reapply next year !!!!! I'll try my best to try and rectify this problem ASAP

Good luck! :smile:
Is she even allowed to do something like this :/ wtf
Reply 11
Original post by Leking9
Is she even allowed to do something like this :/ wtf

Ahh you know
But yeah, she did
So now i'm screwed unless I change it asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending