The Student Room Group

Do many girls think like this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Temporality
You can't know what any one girl is gonna think like because every girl is different. No one can give you a summary on the way girls think. At the end of the day why do you even want anything serious from someone who doesn't want anything serious from you? Oh that's right, you want her exactly because she doesn't want anything serious from you. Look up 'guys like the chase' on google, it will show you that the basis of your attraction is based on unattainability. You could never have a serious romantic relationship with this girl and thats entirely why you want her. As soon as you understand the basis of your stupidity on this matter, and that there is nothing special about her, you will be able to overcome the problem. Good luck

What's my first name? if you don't know the answer to this question, it means you know nothing about me so it's probably not a good idea to engage in tenth-rate psychologising.

But it's true that my question was somewhat stupid. I shouldn't expect anyone to know what "girls think". I've been reading too many TSR threads I suppose :sigh:. FML.
Original post by LordFarquaad
What's my first name? if you don't know the answer to this question, it means you know nothing about me so it's probably not a good idea to engage in tenth-rate psychologising.

But it's true that my question was somewhat stupid. I shouldn't expect anyone to know what "girls think". I've been reading too many TSR threads I suppose :sigh:. FML.

Yeah but then again there are general laws that govern the reasons men are attracted to women, so I don't need to know anything about you and I'm not judging you as a person, just stating the way that attraction works.
Umm, I'm painfully aware that I have no future with her. I've known her for 2 years now, we're very close so I know a lot of...details (that I wish I never knew) about her life. She has not been in a serious relationship since she was like 17 - I know she's not gonna be in one with me either. So I was not asking whether I have a future with her.

It's relevant because I haven't been as devastated in my life and if many girls think like her, I want to avoid feeling this in the future.

Aw I understand. Think most people who've been hurt know exactly how that feels.

Of course there are girls who won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. I presume you're young so you've got plenty of time to meet different people. Try not to write every girl off because of this but equally look after yourself. Make sure you're fully 'recovered' from one thing before actively seeking anything with anyone else. Just so you're emotionally ready and able to deal with people's ups and downs. But obviously don't take **** from people. Hope that helps a little :smile:
Reply 23
She wants the full fist.
Original post by Temporality
That sounds pretty dangerous

how
If a girl won't give you the best years of her life, don't be around for her worst.

Posted from TSR Mobile
she politely rejected you :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
OP, what I've found, is that the lifestyle she's leading is one that many women (and men) fantasise about, but don't always live out for whatever reason. In some senses, it's preferable to have met this girl when you did, than to have met her at 17, get into a relationship, and then have to deal with her wanting to be with other people just for the hell of it.

The only consolation that you can really take from your scenario, is that when she eventually finds herself lacking constant male attention, you won't be the sap that ends up mopping up whatever's left, so to speak.

It may be crushing right now, but take solace in the fact that there may be a girl out there right now who's dodged a similar bullet with a promiscuous male friend and is dreaming of someone like you.

Disclaimer: I'm probably both bitter and naive.

Original post by Jebedee
If a girl won't give you the best years of her life, don't be around for her worst.

I like it, great soundbite!
Girls say this when a boy likes them but they don't feel the same way... It lets the boy know she's not interested, whilst at the same time allows the friendship to continue. Me and all my friends do this, its less insulting than just saying you aren't interested. Basically, you got friend zoned.
I developed a crush for a girl who doesn't "quite" see me romantically.

We are almost polar opposites. I am not very affectionate, I am not very popular with girls (I am introverted and quiet so it's not easy to approach me) and I am very serious about my studies (studying towards a PhD).

She on the other hand is very affectionate (she always wants to hug and kiss me, she calls me "super cute" all the time, she plays with my hair, etc), she is very social and annoyingly popular with guys (I understand that is normal for someone who has her looks - she's the prettiest girl I know - but I am still bothered by it) and she's not serious about her studies (she's quite intelligent though).

When I told her I liked her she replied that she liked me too but "not *quite* like that". I didn't fully understand so I asked her to explain. She told me that she will likely end up with someone like me but right now she doesn't want a relationship (she's 21). Apparently, that doesn't mean no guys, it means she has fwb or ONS with guys she likes but nothing exclusive.

Is this thinking common among girls? do you consider some guys to be dating or bf material but not short-term flings?

Mate, she let you down gently. I don't even understand the last sentence. Bf material is obviously not a short term fling. But she said she doesn't think of you like that. That means you've been friend zoned. If I like a man I will not tell him something like that. So it probably does mean she is swinging around. You shouldn't want that anyway. Let 'er go, mate.
Original post by francesca_xo
she politely rejected you

Nailed it.
Original post by Tom78
She wants the full fist.

:colonhash:

What the actual ****?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending