The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, so people keep telling me. I find that highly unfair and perplexing. I don't see my bisexuality as something I wish to challenge, to be honest - nor do I see it as something to overcome.

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope you will find the courage soon to be as carefree as you once was. In my opinion, this friend does not have your best interests at heart if she makes you feel this way. I would disregard her friendship. You don't nee this negativity in your life. Go in search of better friends, people who accept you for who you are. Good luck, should you wish to go on this quest.

As for her regressing to hiding her hair from you, I understand where's she's coming from. Having said that, I might as well cover my hair from my girlfriend! But that's weird and stupid. You wouldn't suddenly have feelings for her and fall in love with her hair, would you? I find that really odd to be honest.

Oh dear. She's trying to impose her faith onto you! That's uncomfortable. Unless of course, You feel that Islam is the right path for you. I find that converts tend to make better Muslims that those born into the faith, purely because they make that conscious decision, therefore they follow Islam and take it more seriously and to heart. How old are you, if I might ask? There is no rush for you to 'join a faith'. Take your time, you're only young - just like me, you're only beginning to find yourself as a person. I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you so much, I will definitely consider your advice. I've just turned 18 so I totally agree with you. Best of luck to you too. :smile:
Omg guys the T word is troll
:colonhash:

Tbh, I thought that too when I first saw the thread title. But I guess, why not give her the benefit of the doubt? Since many people call themselves Muslim/Christian/etc but don't follow everything in their religion, so it wouldn't really surprise me if this was actually true tbh. Not that I have anything against btw; you live your life how you want OP :yep:
Yaaay! How nice. No, I am not. Are you? I'm pretty sure if I came out to my family, it would be my funeral. I intend on telling my parents after I graduate, around the time when my parents would be searching far and wide for suitable Muslim men for me to marry. I will tell them then. I should be old enough and strong enough to fight my battle by that point - if not, a couple of years later down the line. If they do not support me, then I can't do anything about it. I shall wed my girlfriend under British Law, with haste, and then my parents can't do much about the choice I've made.

no i havent either. i dont know if i ever will. but IF i decide to one day, your plan sounds like a good one. i would only tell them when i can support myself financially and ive moved out.
Reply 83
Fire away guys!

Disclaimer: If you're being an unpleasant little ****, don't be surprised if I choose to ignore your question/comments.

My first question is...Why do Homo's etc feel the need to announce this like it's something big?

Also, what do you think makes a muslim MUSLIM?
Reply 84
Fire away guys!

Disclaimer: If you're being an unpleasant little ****, don't be surprised if I choose to ignore your question/comments.

Well done to you x It should be very difficult to discover that you are interested in the same sex if you have been raised as a muslim (or I guess any other religion). Enjoy life and I hope other people will start to feel comfortable with their sexuality no matter what religion they follow.
Reply 85
hahahahahahahahahha gwaaaaaaaaarn son! eat her out like its your last meal on death row!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Merci:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lulu24
My first question is...Why do Homo's etc feel the need to announce this like it's something big?

Also, what do you think makes a muslim MUSLIM?

Because bigots like you make it into something big.
Reply 87
Ummm, thank you...?! The way I see it, Islam needs fresh interpretations for the modern day Muslim. I'm not suggesting the Qur'an needs rewriting.. just, a consideration for such modern-day issues. Such as trying to be Muslim and happy in my sexuality at the same time. It's honestly not a lot to ask.

Yeah what you said needs to happen.. it's so wrong that muslims get disowned and hated cos they are gay or whatever else that "isnt normal" or a sin etc
You know you're going to spend the rest of your life with a guy. You can't expect it to be all cosy, and if you do, you're living in dreamland.
I find it sad that you will only go back to your religion when you're in need.
And that you choose bits and bobs to suit you.
You said you see women doing this in other countries. That doesn't make it right. There are Muslims who drink alcohol in Western countries but that doesn't make it right.
I hope you open your eyes and do the right thing. At some point something will go wrong by the sound of your situation and you will come to realise what is right and wrong. Mark my words.

Lol

Get a grip
How do you still have a head? lol

God bless and good luck.
I find it sad that you will only go back to your religion when you're in need.
And that you choose bits and bobs to suit you.
You said you see women doing this in other countries. That doesn't make it right. There are Muslims who drink alcohol in Western countries but that doesn't make it right.
I hope you open your eyes and do the right thing. At some point something will go wrong by the sound of your situation and you will come to realise what is right and wrong. Mark my words.

What's more sad is when people cannot live and let live. If you want to follow your religion, as you interpret it, in your own way, then you're free to do so. You have no right to judge the actions of others. None at all.

If people wish to utilize religion as a crutch, that's their decision. I don't care much for any religion, but it really galls me to see people -- imperfect by their very nature -- trying to dictate how other people should go about their lives.

And OP, be proud of yourself and who you are. I really like your outlook on life, and I hope you have the strength to tell your family one day. :smile:
Fire away guys!

how do your parents and family members feel about your lifestyle/choices?
Original post by catsis
See... this is what I struggle with. Why do you feel the need to wear it, if you're already doing something bad?

To me, it's like seeing a woman with the hijab eating a bacon roll in Greg's. What's up?

lmaoo :ahee:
Original post by macromicro
We know... we were trolling.

I'm surprised how many people have believed this thread.

-__________- I'm not trolling. Why on earth would I voluntarily waste my time making up rubbish that wasn't true? everything I have said is true. If you don't believe me, I can't force you to. My situation is a little rare, I do admit, but it doesn't make it non-existent.
Original post by hamix.forllz
Erm....do you sometimes have casual sex when your parents/family/community aren't around?

May seem personal, but something i've wondered, since Muslims are human too? :biggrin:

Umm.... well... we've done it at mine when I've had a free house, but more often at her house... its easier and I'm much more relaxed and less paranoid. Once we did it in my room while my parents were out but my gran was in the next room, and we had loud music drowning out the audio :p:D:colone: But yeah, behind closed doors and in the absence of our parents is the norm for us.
Original post by All_TheCyanide
Because bigots like you make it into something big.

AMEN! Thank you. I can side-step that one now.
Is the sex as hot as the hellfire that TSR Muslims claim you're doomed for?
Original post by jf1994
Are you also supremely narcissistic?

What on earth gave you that impression?
-__________- I'm not trolling. Why on earth would I voluntarily waste my time making up rubbish that wasn't true?

The internet asks this of trolls everyday.

We are yet to receive an answer.
Omg ya cheeky nandos

Latest

Trending

Trending