The Student Room Group

Does anybody else study Louis XIV at AS-Level?

I do the AQA History AS-Level course, section 1E: Absolutist States - The Reign of Louis XIV, 1661 - 1715. I can't seem to find ANY resources online, no revision guides, no textbook - only small books written by lecturers!

If ANYBODY else studies this area, or knows where I can find things to revise from, please comment so I know I'm not completely alone!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Aquaxo
I do the AQA History AS-Level course, section 1E: Absolutist States - The Reign of Louis XIV, 1661 - 1715. I can't seem to find ANY resources online, no revision guides, no textbook - only small books written by lecturers!

If ANYBODY else studies this area, or knows where I can find things to revise from, please comment so I know I'm not completely alone!

Why don't you read them?
Reply 3
Original post by Josb
Why don't you read them?

I have at least 6 and have read the relevant parts of them, but they aren't supplied by the exam board and so are not specific to my course.
Reply 4
Original post by Aquaxo
I have at least 6 and have read the relevant parts of them, but they aren't supplied by the exam board and so are not specific to my course.

Ask your teacher. :dontknow:
Reply 5
Original post by Josb
Ask your teacher. :dontknow:

Haha - they gave me the books! I was just wondering if anybody had already done the course and had any useful advice or material.
Original post by Aquaxo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't he the guy who had only 3 baths in his life?
Reply 7
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't he the guy who had only 3 baths in his life?

Not that I'm aware of - but if that's true it is sure as hell interesting :wink: Louis XIV was a bit of narcissist and dressed like Apollo if that narrows it down!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending