The Student Room Group

My mum is sad that her grandma is dying how can i comfort her?

So today we found out that my great grandma is very ill in hospital. She does not know the extent of her illness as they do not want to tell her my mum is very sad, she wants to fly back home to see her grandma before she dies she is so devestated, she is close with her grandma.I offered hugs but it is not enough how can I comfort her?
Is she religious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Is she religious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She believes in God we do not go to Church she is not strictly religious someone who may go to church every 2 years.
Original post by Anonymous1502
She believes in God we do not go to Church she is not strictly religious someone who may go to church every 2 years.

Well prayer can help people feel better, at times like this it wouldn't be terrible to suggest that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous1502
So today we found out that my great grandma is very ill in hospital. She does not know the extent of her illness as they do not want to tell her my mum is very sad, she wants to fly back home to see her grandma before she dies she is so devestated, she is close with her grandma.I offered hugs but it is not enough how can I comfort her?

She must be quite old is she is a great grandma so she has had a long life and it sounds like she has been blessed with a loving family.

You could print this Psalm out for her. The words might comfort her.

Psalm 23A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley I will fear no evil, for you are with me;your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
sorry to hear this :frown:

Hug her lots, and try and get her to have conversations about good memory and good times
It will be a super hard time and everyone is different in how they need support

Find even some quotes, texts or readings that you think may help her at this time - these can really help and also if you lose someone these can be very comforting

X
Original post by smileyx123x
sorry to hear this :frown:

Hug her lots, and try and get her to have conversations about good memory and good times
It will be a super hard time and everyone is different in how they need support

Find even some quotes, texts or readings that you think may help her at this time - these can really help and also if you lose someone these can be very comforting

X

she lives in another country she does not know that she is dying no one told her to what extent she is ill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending