The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements Required Subjects

I'm looking to apply to a uni course which has entry requirements:

A level: CCC including either Maths, Computing or Physics plus GCSE English

I know I'd be able to get the CCC but I don't have Maths, Computing or Physics. I've already tried emailing the necessary people about however they just reply saying it's "recommended to meet the entry requirements."

Is it worth me even applying? This would decide whether I bother with uni or just go to college instead.
Original post by freddie.erg

I know I'd be able to get the CCC but I don't have Maths, Computing or Physics. I've already tried emailing the necessary people about however they just reply saying it's "recommended to meet the entry requirements."

Is it worth me even applying? This would decide whether I bother with uni or just go to college instead.

It isnt really worth applying, they want the subject for a reason, im guessing it is a very big part of whatever degree you want to do
Its extremely unlikely that your application would be considered
You could always do an extra alevel at college maybe, or look at oher unis if not all of them want the specific courses
Original post by freddie.erg

This is them being polite and saying there is no point, since you don't have any of the three. TBH, you'd be unlikely to cope with the course if they let you in without the prior knowledge they will be building on.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
This is them being polite and saying there is no point, since you don't have any of the three. TBH, you'd be unlikely to cope with the course if they let you in without the prior knowledge they will be building on.

Yep I thought so, just wanted to make sure but I'm sure this is the case.

I think I'm going to try and go to college anyway then get direct entry into year 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending