The Student Room Group

Totally humiliated after guy ditched me in the middle of our date.

Tl:dr Guy kept saying how much we had in common and then lied to my face saying he was going to get another drink and never returned

Last night I had my first date with a guy I'd been talking to for a couple of weeks on Happn (the dating app). We had been getting on really well.

When we met in person, I was surprised that he was shorter than I had expected but i didn't mind. We went to the bar and got a drink and sat at a table outside talking. We got on really really well - he kept saying so himself - and we talked loads about music and our families and he was laughing and joking and saying how much we had in common.

At one point, his phone went and he stopped in the middle of the conversation to check it and ignored me while he was doing this. Then we carried on chatting like normal, he seemed to be having a great time.

Once I had finished my drink, he got up and said he was going to get me another one and that he was going to the bar opposite and would bring them back. He asked me what kind of drinks I like, whether I prefer gin-based drinks, and what kind of flavours I like. I just said don't worry, bring me anything! And he went to the bar.

After 5 minutes I was playing with my phone and he texted me saying 'Really sorry but I've had to go. Don't hate me!'. I was so shocked - and everyone around me watched as I got up with a crushed look on my face and left alone.

I am so hurt not only at the fact that he felt he had to run to get away from me, that apparently my company was so repulsive he couldn't stand to stay there another minute and mostly at the fact that he lied to my face. I wouldn't have minded at all if he had said he had to meet friends and left, it was just the way he did it that stung. I have been on tons of dates where I ended up not liking the guy but I have always ended them politely so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Also, just to note - people tell me I'm very pretty all the time, I look like my pictures from Happn and I'm a nice, interesting person who asks questions on dates and is always polite. There was no reason for him to treat me like that.

Scroll to see replies

m'lady
dont worry, you can weep in my arms
Not a big deal, just don't speak to him again.
Dodged a bullet there, and not because he's short.

Manlets tho... when will they learn.
Reply 4
Be thankful, otherwise you could have been the mother to a load of repulsive below average height kids. Although giving them names would be easy like Sleepy, Sneezy and Dopey.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by RiotGirll
Dodged a bullet there, and not because he's short.

Manlets tho... when will they learn.

is 5ft 7 short for guy? :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok,you deserve better than guys like that.The will always be one out there to treat you right.
Original post by Jawline?

idk so i asked misc

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143869931
Reply 8
5ft 7 is a little short for me, I am 5ft 6. But like I said, I didn't mind. I was open to hearing about him as a person.
You are probably looking at it the wrong way he obviously left because of what someone texted him not because he didn't like you.
It's alright there are always plenty of fish in the sea
Like me..

well im 5'5 which is a little bit below average. 5 '7 is average
Well, if he had a good reason to abruptly leave, he would have mentioned it by now.

Yes. Yes it is.

RIP.
Is it possible that he really did have to go?

If it were me, I'd ask him to tell me the truth - did he have to go or was he just not interested? If he just wasn't interested, tell him he's a cowardly jerk and advise him not to treat girls that way in future.

Alternatively, eat lots of chocolate to heal your wounded pride and then get on with life.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
Reply 17
Mean trick. But a commonplace peril of blind dating. Don't worry about it. Just sharpen your pike and get down to Yates to find a decent guy.
Original post by NathanDYEL
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

Don't lie, you're the guy OP's date left to enjoy some no homo action with, aren't you :colone:
Some other random info that I found really weird: I found out he had blocked me on Happn immediately after the date

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending